National University has a fully accredited Commercial Dive School!

I am an instructor at National University and am here to answer questions and raise awareness of our Commercial Dive Program!

Did you know that National University Polytechnic Institute has a fully accredited Commercial Dive Program?  With their certifications you will be able to step into an exciting career in the commercial diving industry! The Commercial Diving Program, offers two specialties for you to choose from focusing on either Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine (DMT) or Underwater Inspection Technology (NDT).  Regardless of which specialty you choose, all students are trained to the American Welding Society's underwater welding code (AWS).  Also, since National University is a regionally accredited institution; your credits will hold academic weight for use at other institutions. This also provides our students with the ability to receive the full amount of Veteran’s and Federal Financial Aid benefits that they qualify for.  All questions can be answered by calling the toll free number, (800) 432-3483.  If after hours, please leave a message and they will get back to you.

I will try to field as many questions as I can on here also!  Let em fly!

You can also check us out on:

http://www.facebook.com/NUPolytech

http://nupolytech.org/

http://pinterest.com/NUPolytech/

http://www.flickr.com/people/NUPolytech

Thanks,

Francisco

Views: 13015

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Go Getem lady diver!! Do I hear Royalty's 

Hello again Falloonski,

I responded a little earlier (above) to your post regarding the miss communication on our diving depths and certifications we offer.  I do apologize for your prior experience, but I will continue to do my best to field your questions with prompt accurate information.   

To answer your other question, we do have many pictures of our open water dives, that I have yet to post.  We are currently working on a detailed website to supplement our http://www.nu.edu/OurPrograms/ExtendedLearning/National-University-... National University webpage, and also developing a Facebook.  We look forward to your input on there as well. 

Regards,

Francisco,

What is the Total Cost for the basic Commercial Diving Course excluding any specialties?

Which "Certifications" are received once the course  is successfully completed?

Hi Joseph,

The total cost of the Professional Certificate in Marine Technology, our commercial diving course, is just over $16K.  In addition to the core cla****, students choose from one of two specialties; Diving Medical Technician or Underwater Inspection Technologist.  These specialties are part of the course. 

The Diver Medic concentration prepares students in the medical aspects of diving and advanced training in hyperbaric medicine.  Diver medics are respected professionals who perform regular work as divers and, when necessary, respond to medical emergencies on the job. Graduate with a Diver Medic concentration and you’ll be trained as a Diver Medic Technician, qualified for work as a “tender” and diver medic for underwater job sites inland and offshore. This concentration also qualifies you to take the Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) exam.  The DMT student will also receive a certificate from NBDHMT.  

The Nondestructive Testing concentration prepares students to conduct a number of advanced underwater inspection and testing techniques important for insuring the quality of underwater construction. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a variety of inspections to locate and determine the condition of structures, pipes, and components ranging from steel buildings, subsea pipelines and platforms, to engine parts and components. Students are trained in a variety of Nondestructive Testing Methods (NDT) methods to
inspect metals and welds, in particular, as well as non-metallic materials. Students will be trained to American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ANST) Level 1 and Level II standards in Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), and Visual Testing (VT). For those completing the commercial air diver program, the NDT program instructs the student on underwater applications and uses of many of these inspection methods including underwater photography and video.

National University Polytechnic Institute (NUPI) is accredited by the Association of Diving Contractors (ADC), Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE), National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Technology (NBDHMT), and the American Society of Non-destructive Testing (ASNT).

As a student at NUPI, you will also have access to all of the resources that the University has to offer.  From our world class library to the math and writing centers, National University Polytechnic Institute ensures that their students have all the tools necessary to succeed.

I hope that answers all of your questions.  If you would like to speak with a representative please call 1-800-432-3483.

If you want to see the course list or more detailed information, go to http://www.nu.edu/OurPrograms/ExtendedLearning/National-University-...

Thanks for your interest and good luck to you.

Francisco, you don't need to lay that on quite so thick, quite a few of us on here are divers, DMT's and underwater inspectors. Short answer would be 16k and ADC.

Point taken Stuart.  It was striving to be thorough, as I do not know everyone's baseline knowledge level.  Thanks for the advice.

Best,

Cisco

Hi Falloonski,

My apologies again for the confusion, we currently offer the underwater welding course in theory and provide students with a minimum of 30 hours of topside welding experience.  The course cost is just under 16K.

Regards,

ADC?!?! YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE SCHOOLS NOT PUSHING OUT "REAL" GULF DIVERS TO DO A PISS POOR JOB. 

AT JERRY BABIN'S SCHOOL OF SUPER DIVERY WE CERTIFY YOU WITH THE JERRY BABIN SUPER-SALVAGE-SAT SEAL OF APPROVAL, HIGHER RECOGNIZED THAN ANY LIFE THREATENING THIEVES LIKE THE ADC AND ACDE! AND IT'S ONLY 150 DOLLARS! 

Hello Spunbrass,

I am happy to hear about your interest in commercial diving!  To answer your question, I am the EMS as well as the Physical Training Instructor.  Allow me to address your questions further,

Our school:

National University Polytechnic Institute (NUPI) has been training commercial divers for over 40 years!  As a part of National University, NUPI’s Commercial Dive Program holds regional accreditation and our students are eligible for federal financial aid as well as VA benefits.  Our courses inside the Commercial Dive Program receive academic credit, which are transferable to most accredited institutions.

Our instructors:

Primary Instructor retired after 20 years in the Navy as a Construction Diver.  He has several years of practical experience working offshore commercial industry, and has 12 years of instructor experience.

NDT Instructor is an ASNT Level 3 in Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), and AWS CWI NDT.  He has over 20 years of industry experience, and has been teaching for 10 years.  He trains our students to ASNT standards, and successful students become eligible to receive Level 1 and Level 2 certifications in UT, MT, PT, and Visual Testing (VT).

DMT Instructor has 36 years of industry experience and has been teaching for 23 years.  He is a NBDHMT certified DMT, and teaches to NBDHMT standards.

Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Instructor is a practicing licensed Paramedic with over six years of field experience, and 10 years of teaching.  He holds several instructor level certifications including, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and CPR.  He teaches both Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Emergency Medical Responder (EMR).  He teaches to NREMT standards, and successful DMT students will become eligible to receive their National EMT certification.

Physical Training Instructor is a former Marine Corps Drill Instructor, who served over 8 years in the Marine Corps and did various tours overseas, including operations in support of Iraqi Freedom.

I hope this helps Spunbrass.  If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate.

Best,

Cisco

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service