I've heard some talk that IMCA is starting to become and industry favorate over an ADCE card: Anyone have info on that? I'm just wrapping up my ADCE cert but I'd like to hear what's being preferred...

Views: 1194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMCA is recognized over seas. If you try and find work with just a ADC cert no on will even look at you. The IMCA cert will allow you to be at least looked at by foriegn companies. It may not seem important now, but work does dry up and you never know where the world of diving will take you. So you need to take a chance and get all the training you can. 

To piggy back on this there are two schools stateside that offer IMCA certs CDA in Fl and DIT in Seatttle, I think it is actually DBCD instead of IMCA but IMCA recognizes that. Please correct me if I am wrong. where would one look as far as IMCA DMT?

Most diving schools offer an IMCA DMT course, along with quite a few medical centres in the UK etc. prices range from around £500 to £1200 for a two week course. From what I hear, it's not as in-depth as the DMT courses in the US, but I don't know much about crossover etc.

http://www.imca-int.com/divisions/diving/profile/personnel/training...

Hi just to send you on a correct path, ADCE does not have a certification program, they are not a governing body and have no power over your Dive school qaulifications. You do not even need that POS card to gain employment nor can you be denied employment at any time. Same with IMCA. They are clubs for contractors.

You are also not in any way represented by the ADC.

well just to clarify,there is no ADCE But ther is ACDE which stands for The Association of Commercial Diving Educators . These schools conform to the  ANSI /OSHA standards. The other is the Association of Diving Contractors International. ADCI cert is recognazed as a basic entry level card with IMCA according to ther web site. I have both plus DCBC which is IMCA recognized . But seems to me it's all about the money,keep doing your research , check out the above mentioned agencys web sites 

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service