how would you rate the quality of traning at young memorial .

hello  im thinking of attending young memorial in morgan city.and, i want hear  if

any one has any thing good or bad to say about the school.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If your intention is to work offshore in the GOM, it's the best deal in town. Nobody gets a higher wage here because of which school you went to. Young's will get you what you need to get your foot in the door, the rest is up to you. IMOHO, the other schools just add a bunch of fluff and promises. Maybe it's to someones advantage, but I haven't seen anyone take advantage of it. Sure IMCA is coming to the GOM...someday....maybe....
Good luck,
MW
P.S.
My commentary only reflects my experiences in the GOM. Your mileage may vary...
how dose the market look right for some one just out of school. and
what can expect to make on my frist few jobs.
The Market? Grim.
Offshore diving is oilfield service. If you haven't noticed we're in a world wide recession and demand for energy is down. But, that can change as fast as the weather. To get an idea of how busy oilfield service companies are follow them on the stock market. Companies like Oceaneering, Cal Dive, Helix, Global Industries, etc. all are listed.
The work is always feast or famine. The demand for dive crews can change as fast as the weather, or at the whim of a middle eastern despot.
There is always a need for fresh meat though. Dive companies have very high turnover rates of new hires. Why do you suppose that is?
As far as pay, I don't know. It's been a long time since I was a tender, but I see tenders driving a lot nicer trucks these days than when I was tending.
how do deal whit being away from wife or girlfriend
for so long that my only problem .
As long as they don't know about each other whats the problem?

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service