Hey Guys:

Can anyone tell me where to find mounting brackets for a video camera / light for a Superlite 27.  I've seen quite a few pictures with the brackets mounted where a welding shield usually goes (cameral on one side light on the other) but I cant find them on the Kirby Morgan site or any of the camera sites I've gone to (Of course I may have just missed them too).

I'd appreciate any help

Doug

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good work, most stuff used by divers was dreamt up by divers - and most of it common sense. cheers-bill
www.diverssupplyinc.com
6.00 each
Call T-Jean 504-392-2800
use my name
Arrrggg - I'm already having the others made.

I looked at their site before but they dont list anything for video. Had I known I actually have an order coming from them at the moment.

Thanks anyway Jerry
Doug
Hi everyone.

Well - here are the final results. For a grand total of $20 I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out. Stainless steel and no rough edges or sharp corners to cut anything (especially myself) on.

Thanks for all the help. I couldn't have gotten it done without the pictures and nudges in the right direction. Its much appreciated.

Doug
Attachments:
Kook Damn Good for home made! Congrats
Thank you very much :) Not totally home made as I had a metal shop use a plasma cutter to cut them out for me but still not store bought.
tiewraps dude... tiewraps
LOL - around here all you get for tiewraps is either garbage that breaks when you try to use it or stuff that costs a fortune. Usually its a combination of both - costs way too much and still breaks.
If you need a permanent camera on your hat, by all means buy specialized brackets or make em yourself. But in our case we very rarely put a camera on our head. Only if the client wants to or if he wants a dvd of the wh*** operation. Personally I hate cameras, underwater it's my show lol. So to quickly mount a camera on a hat we use thick tiewraps or those metal tiebelts you close with a spanner sz 8 or flat screwdriver. A few weeks ago I saw a nice combo of uw light/camera in one housing. HD camera with led lights around it. Expensive stuff I guess. Definitly not an option while using the broco ;)

we use a saphire glass lens so the welding or burning slag wont stick to it

also if your ever looking fro amazing camera these are made in washington state
http://stores.powertechvideo.com/-strse-1/remote-video-camera-dive/...

freakin sweet picture and amazing durability

i have used those cameras with the leds around them they are good for habitat work b/c there are usually additional light sources but on there own they're pretty weak in picture and light.
Hey Skylar:

Thanks - you come up with some excellent pictures. LOL - would love to try the miller.

This camera is kind of neat. Full colour but if the light gets low it goes to black and white for the contrast. When you are using the led's (which are pretty weak) the forground of the image will be in full colour then it goes to B & W in the background as the light lessens.

For "recreational" use the camera will be great as people on the surface will be able to see whats going on during demonstrations.

Instead of using a monitor I'm setting it up to feed a 15" laptop. That way you can either view it, record it to DVD or stream it to the net, depending on the situation.

Thanks again for all the help.
Doug
no sweat, yeah sounds like a good plan with the laptop

here are a wh*** ot more picture if your interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wetweld/

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service