Anyone with any information about insurance? I currently live in Singapore and start my career as a diver in two weeks time. Any feedback will be much appreciated

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah AIG and lie about what you do.
Cheers mate
hard to get insurance as a diver. i couldn't even get short term disability unless i lied about the job. had to say i studied marine life and was some sort of scientist/engineer. the agent knew how to word it just right.
Bear in mind fella if "you lie about what you do" your insurance is Null and Void in the event of an accident.
There are companies out there that WILL insure you as a commercial diver, but expect high premiums !
Better to "pay high and get paid out" than to b******* and "Get Nowt"
Thanks mate i've quoted AIG and they're not too bad.
Read the Obits and find a widow with a lot of $$$$.
forget about the diving. If your dead you do not get to spend the insurance money , someone else gets it .
find a good insurance broker, let them do all the work, i just got all that sorted here in nz took a bit of time but got a resonable deal and its not as expencive as the policy that i sorted myself previously
Kia ora mate. Thanks heaps
Hey been waiting for your call bro I'm still freezing on the pipeline in CHCH you can get insured through Combined Insurance. Rhett@hotmail.com
Hey there young fulla. Good to hear from ya. Hows the diving been going? I head to Indonesia this Sunday air diving on a diving vessel. You still diving with the boys Crayfish, Ben and Cookie? Hope all is good mate
If you lie on your app. the insuarance company usually has about two years where they can do something about it including denying a claim in the event of your demise... But this varies based on what state you are in, or what country you are in, and what type of policy you have. It is relatively easy to buy life insurance in the US for our industry. On the job claims are usually always covered by insurance, unless you work for a mom and pop. It still helps to get an attorney (well it helps your survivors). I have three policies now and they asked questions about depth, how many dives per year, what sector, etc. They have actuarial tables to determine your premiums vs. risk ratios. You will be able to find something that fits your needs and budget. It aint' cheap but it is available privately. Try a large mutli-product brokerage or even an investment house.
good advice. I will follow this up

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service