Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be on a job in that area this spring and into to summer. I'll find out what is needed, who's getting the work, etc.

Guy's remember that you need to get your IMCA recognized cert. first off. The cheapest way is through Canada. I went through the a****sment at CDA in Jacksonville, FL. It was cheap and easy. DIT in Seattle can help you also.

The biggest challenge will be finding a company that is American friendly. Getting the work visa is the obstacle. Those companies will hirer EU hands over Americans because it's cheaper.
So what are some of the imca certs that are needed to work over sea's.

would someone be able to give me an idea of what diving companies would be getting in on these kinda jobs,

I would like to look into this further and any help at all would be appreciated very much thanks, my knowledge of European dive companies is next to nill

Cheers guys

I have my IMCA certs with DMT.. how would I find what companies get contracts for this work?
Getting the imca diving cert is easy but getting the pyhsical down for it is a pain in the ass.  The offshore dive certs for the north sea are almost impossible to get if you are a american.

Judging by the source it comes from I wouldn't take it too serious. It's the same kind of statement "Fort William" released regarding the need for sat diving personell.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/New-contracts-boost-to-North-Sea...

Frankly said I'm sick of it. I do have an IMCA ticket, I have contacted 300+ companies so far, stating that I'd like to take any kind of diving related jobs on any level. So far nothing. I do not have to wonder about the motives of a diving school when they release such info.

the work is out there, working right now. being head hunted by 2 seperate companies one out of north america the other europe.
who are the headhunters?
I want to be a Diving Billionaire and want to make a dive without a care!

I would suggest you obtain work as a piano player in a whore house.

Better pay and benifits.

Only requirement is a short arm inspection upon employment.

Before you all start rushing out and booking IMCA courses and flights you should know the dive school themselves came up with this rubbish. They are also saying there is a need for qualified SAT divers in the North Sea so you should book a course now, at their school of course.

The reality is at the height of the summer there may be around 100 divers involved in windfarm work and 2100 looking to get on these jobs. And most of those 100 are UK based divers.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the need for divers just does not exist.

LMFAO Wills you bust me up made my day, plus who wants to go over seas when there is work here it's coming hang on guys we are not over the hill and down the other side yet

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service