Information

Old School Divers

For working divers who have paid their dues to the industry. Offshore and Inland. Need to have 25 years plus please.

Members: 27
Latest Activity: Jan 1, 2016

Discussion Forum

Old Divers and Bold Divers

Yesterday while in Jacksonville, Fla. I had the opportunity to visit the dive school there…Continue

Started by A.. Parnell Mar 16, 2011.

overflow of "KIDS" 5 Replies

I'll Start it out here! Who is "BSing" all the young kids into getting into a all ready over flowded market?

Started by Chuck Bonner. Last reply by A.. Parnell May 11, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Old School Divers to add comments!

Comment by Dennis Wilcox on April 15, 2010 at 5:51am
Ace,
The picture of the hat that belonged to Mr. Cross was taken from a picture that hangs in my office. The information that was stated on the facts of the hat and his dive school are printed on the picture. The picture is called " A Salute to American Diving" It is a promotional picture from the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum. I just relayed the facts from the picture. Don't know if it is all fact or not.
Comment by Darren on April 15, 2010 at 4:43am
Stared in 1978 with Mathew J Regan
Comment by A.. Parnell on April 14, 2010 at 11:06pm
Dennis how did you get the photo of the Cross hat ? Being a E.R.Cross
history guy myself are you sure the school didnt close in '57 ? Just a interested question as Cross was one of my Heros.
Comment by A.. Parnell on April 14, 2010 at 10:04pm
Mike that may very well have some merrit.
Comment by Dennis Wilcox on April 14, 2010 at 9:49pm
The Old School Divers Group Photo: The hat belongs to E. R. Cross who operated the Sparling School of Deep Sea Diving located in Wilmington, CA. The school is considered the first commercial diving school in America. It was run by Mr. Cross from 1947 to 1954. The hat is a Circa 1900 5 Bolt by A.J. Morse & Son.
Comment by Chuck Bonner on April 14, 2010 at 9:44pm
Started in 78 working for Louis Shafer then to Taylor then to The USAF PJ to Flt Eng to USNR E-5 USAF AD1 USNR Currently still working in the Gulf????
Comment by A.. Parnell on April 14, 2010 at 9:39pm
Along with Fred Johnson no group would be complete without Fred.
Comment by A.. Parnell on April 14, 2010 at 9:38pm
Where is John Carl Roat he should be popping in here just any moment.
Comment by A.. Parnell on April 14, 2010 at 9:37pm
Easy Chuck your card is in the mail now you can enjoy a discount when you go to a movie.
Comment by Chuck Bonner on April 14, 2010 at 9:35pm
Can any one spell ARRDP???

Members (27)

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service