Well, I've been attending the part 1 course at NYD for a month now and as you may or may not know they have implemented TUP training into their part 1 course. What I've heard from many of their instructors, who in some cases are seasoned north sea veterans, is that they consider TUP to be the future of commercial diving. Far less expensive than saturation but then again providing a longer bottom time, which is what it's all about. In other words commercial diving operations to 50m would become more productive and shallow saturation obsolete. I'd like to hear your opinion on this.   

Views: 282

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...the way to go to replace shallow bottom air work, or deeper, short jobs. You can't get a longer bottom time than in Saturation!
TUP is not new, Noordhoek have been doing it for years, and the old mini-bell system was basically TUP, really.
It has it's place to make Air work safer, but I don't see it replacing the shallow Sat work, eg Southern sector
Hey Mike I dont know about Mad hatters but surely observant and possiably semi-tollerant of things going on around us and in the work place from time to time. Mad not really, outspoken yes. Hey its aloha Friday here I got to get back to that-Aloha Mike.
Mike thanks for letting us know exally what the term "Mad Hatter" really means because I sure didnt know as we dont use that wording here. We use hey bruddah mo beer, pound down beer, howzit ! how u, and so on. Then in Australia well thats really a kick to listen to them speak Australian your well me anyway are wondering "what" "not sure what he said and that really means" but I have to say they are really entertaining. Do you think "Mad Hatter " could apply there ?
Mercury poisoning was prevalent among long term lighthouse keepers -as the light generating mechanics floated in a bowl of mercury for almost frictionless drive to rotate the light, but the 'keepers' occassionally ran amok slaughtering all and sundry in fits of rage and insanity. If I wasn't a diver I think lighthouse keeper would have been a great job.
Mike, your inventiveness and humour keep this site alive....goodonya cobbra-cheers-bill
Well guys, judging by how long you stayed focused on my question, attention problems really seem to be an issue with long term nitrogen exposure. Just joking of course.
never mind. I also forgot what I was talking about.
What are all of you doing in my living room?
Mike, check your poem. You said you want to marry a lighthouse keeper and polish "HIS" lamps?
Nothing wrong with polishing his 'lamps'.

It's when you suck his cock that the problems start.
Jesus, this really got out of hand quickly.
You should see me at weddings.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service