We want to create a top 10 list, based on your answers! So tell us, why become a commercial diver? Don't tell us why not to, I am making another forum for that.

Views: 3086

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

why?
good question

for me its one of those things.

how about just being there for a starter for 10.
the challenge of.
the odd beasty looking at you.

i could go ON and On

sound silly does it, but it continues to work for me.

all i want is a nice new comfy hat.

steve h
not exactly what the list is asking! if your not happy with this, why are you here????

Baggyarse said:
Are you kidding me.
Are you trying to promote the industry to people thinking about becoming a diver. The industry is already in over supply of divers and there are not enough jobs to go around at present. Your top 10 list should be reasons not to become a diver. What would your motivation be to bringing more people into the industry as it is not helping the people already in it. More people in the industry will only mean more people desperate to pay off their over priced training ready to work for less than the last person.
Back on track

-Likelihood of receiving a subpoena while at work underwater is close to zero.

-Some of us believe if we spend enough time at depth we will find a mermaid.

-We use so many acronyms nobody else knows what we are talking about.
travel to sweet destinations and then stare at them from offshore

getting you ass kicked everytime you go to work

actually doing cool s***
marc whyte said:
not exactly what the list is asking! if your not happy with this, why are you here????

Your quite right Marc it wasn't what the post was asking for, thank you Nathan for clearing up the context of the post. I am very happy with my chosen field of work hence the passion for protecting the ability to work within it and why I'm here.

Now reasons to be a working diver

> Appreciation of technical aspects (it gives me a reason to wear a really big and expensive watch with a helium relief valve, COOL!)
> Lifestyle choices (buy better toys than my mates)
> Cultural exchange (get drunk in some really sleazy foreign port bars)
> Travel (i can collect free frequent flyer miles at the employers expense)
to stupid to get a grown up a job
Because we want to work for the best employers in the world
That is cool as s*** man, you turned a 14 yr old imbition to make a quick buck into a start to a hell of a good time, I wish you luck in all your travels
1. This is what I always wanted to do.
2. Too stubborn to listen to my parents advice.
3. all of the above.
The most amount of money for the least time away.

Six months off a year.

Hours of prolonged boredom, only interjected with short periods of abject terror.

Then, when your finished, you can write books about it and have even more time off.... Like me!

Tony Groom

www.deep-sea-diving.com
Bubbles lots and lots of Bubbles.

Oh yeah! for the those divers who are hell bent on hate-N on anyone who is thinking on becomeing a commercial diver, shame on you! You cant dive forever and new blood is needed to push those existing divers to do thier job well, just like in any other industry. Also, I believe if you are good at what you do, i.e. diver, plumber, construction worker, electrician, etc..... you should not be woring about someone taking your job or saturating the industry for lower pay. Top companies know, that you get what you pay for with any type of employee.

Just my opinion, and for those of you hate-N, you've just motivated me to make the jump and go to commercial diving school even more. Because I imagine your not the only ones out there thinking the same way. Which I can bet makes for plenty of open doors for guys who truely have motivation to do thier best at thier job and craft.

No hard feelings. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! BE SAFE!! & DIVE ON!!
Joe Velazquez said:
Bubbles lots and lots of Bubbles.

Oh yeah! for the those divers who are hell bent on hate-N on anyone who is thinking on becomeing a commercial diver, shame on you! You cant dive forever and new blood is needed to push those existing divers to do thier job well, just like in any other industry. Also, I believe if you are good at what you do, i.e. diver, plumber, construction worker, electrician, etc..... you should not be woring about someone taking your job or saturating the industry for lower pay. Top companies know, that you get what you pay for with any type of employee.

Just my opinion, and for those of you hate-N, you've just motivated me to make the jump and go to commercial diving school even more. Because I imagine your not the only ones out there thinking the same way. Which I can bet makes for plenty of open doors for guys who truely have motivation to do thier best at thier job and craft.

No hard feelings. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! BE SAFE!! & DIVE ON!!

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service