Ok so here's my situation.  I've already payed my deposit on the Standard Career Package (9 weeks) at The Underwater Centre which starts on the 4th of October this year.  I knew about both the diving schoolas mentioned but didn't really check out the Professional Diving Academy until now and what I've seen has kind of made me worry if I've made the right choice.

Basically for The Underwater Centre I'm paying £8,773 which will get me

HSE First Aid at Work
HSE Surface Supplied
HSE Surface Supplied (Top Up)
HSE SCUBA

and also including the full board accomodation I'm paying for thats another £2,488.50 so in total I'm paying £11,261.50

Now I've just check on the Professional Diving Academy that I can do the Premier Career Package (10weeks) for £9985 and I get

HSE First Aid @ Work & 02 Provider (Commercial Diving Endorsement)
HSE Professional SCUBA (Part 4)
HSE Surface Supplied (Part 3)
HSE Surface Supplied Top-Up (Part 1)
Construction and Inspection Diver Award
RYA Powerboat Level II
Lantra HSE Approved Chainsaw Course

these guys don't have accomodation but apparently you can get self catering B&B varying from £100 to £200 a week

I reckon they both will probably work out around the same amount of money but I should I go for The Professional Diving Academy just because of 3 extra qualifications or stick to The Underwater Centre?

I basically have until Friday 27th of this month to cancel my deposit with a 20% administration fee, after that I will lose all my deposit which is £1000.  Would be good to hear from people who have studied at both schools.

Cheers

Views: 3904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I was you I would learn how to weld top side and underwater get both CV's so if there is no work underwater you can fall back on welding top side plus you make more money if you are a good top side welder any were from 30-60 an hour and there is always welding needed to be done all the time and any session.
...not in the UK, dude...surface welding is a different career path that you have to be serious about, full-time, to make anything much over minimum wage. If you want to be a diver in the UK, keep looking for work, and learning while you're there. If you want to be a welder, you should have thought of that before you spent £10k+!
...and put some of your money aside for the rainy days, cos there's a feckin load of them in diving, especially when you start out!

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service