National University has a fully accredited Commercial Dive School!

I am an instructor at National University and am here to answer questions and raise awareness of our Commercial Dive Program!

Did you know that National University Polytechnic Institute has a fully accredited Commercial Dive Program?  With their certifications you will be able to step into an exciting career in the commercial diving industry! The Commercial Diving Program, offers two specialties for you to choose from focusing on either Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine (DMT) or Underwater Inspection Technology (NDT).  Regardless of which specialty you choose, all students are trained to the American Welding Society's underwater welding code (AWS).  Also, since National University is a regionally accredited institution; your credits will hold academic weight for use at other institutions. This also provides our students with the ability to receive the full amount of Veteran’s and Federal Financial Aid benefits that they qualify for.  All questions can be answered by calling the toll free number, (800) 432-3483.  If after hours, please leave a message and they will get back to you.

I will try to field as many questions as I can on here also!  Let em fly!

You can also check us out on:

http://www.facebook.com/NUPolytech

http://nupolytech.org/

http://pinterest.com/NUPolytech/

http://www.flickr.com/people/NUPolytech

Thanks,

Francisco

Views: 13015

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Francisco:

What is the average pay rate for commercial divers who graduate from your school?

How many Divers are able to pay off their student loans used to pay to attend schools like yours?

How many Divers who graduate from your school work year round?

How many Divers who graduate from your school are still in the business two years after they graduate?

How many Divers who graduate from your school have medical benefits and participate in a retirement plan?

Does your school include a Dive hat in the tuition package?  If not, why?  

How many Divers who graduate from your school are employed as Divers upon graduation?  

How long does it take for Divers who graduate your school to find a job?

Can Divers who graduate your school work outside the US, or is their another certification that has to be acquired in order to do that?

I look forward to your reply.

It is nice to know that the programs have started back up again...it was not too long ago that most thought that the program was scraped in fact when you did get in touch with the University they indicated that the program was closed.

National University Polytechnic Institute was at one time known as The College of Oceaneering and had lifetime job placement when the school "closed"  or was taken over by National Polytechnic College of Science.

Then....then.... oh yeah another name change and take over by what they are now known as National University Polytechnic Institute.

It was a good school when Jim Joiner ,Ron Friedrich,Hugh Bowling,John Schwitters The intructors were great then too, I am not sure what it is now.

Quick History update; Before being named College of Oceaneering it was named Commercial Dive Center (CDC), before that Childers Diving Corporation (CDC) after its Founder former Navy Master Diver Houston Childers.

The school before that was Underwater Technology Institute in the late '60's owned by "Humble Harvey Nestle" he was a class salesman act all in himself. His trouble was that he would get carried away with himself and promise his students more than he could deliver-not good. his students retaliated and rewarded him with sinking his boat. Aw those were the days. I was in his 3rd class before going off to Vietnam. Ed Goodrich was the Diving rigging instructor,Jim Joiner an Tom Elbro were the Scuba Instructors. The cost to go there then was somewhere  about $1200.00 in 1967.  Ok history update over lets get back in the water.

I attended Commercial Diving Center in 1981. Had some awesome instructors like Al Nesbitt, Ray McNew, Al Darantany, Joe Callahan. All former Navy Divers. Great instructors and great guys! I'll never forget them or my time at CDC.

Look at that!!!  What a great picture, every diver in the picture should all get a copy upon graduation so they can have a neat Christmas Card for friends and family.  It most likely will be the last time they will be seen as a diver!!!!!

David I agree with you. I hear the CDA, commercial diver factory is trying to expand to a class every week graduating. The market is definitely flooded with new divers. Dive school is good business. I just wonder how long these schools can keep this up before the market forces take over and  some dive schools fail and have to close their doors. Good salesmen selling a  nice s*** sandwich is whats keeping them going.

HaHaHa Beautiful David !

Frisco:

Whats up with the lack of reply? 

Why haven't you answered my previous questions?

If you this picture is to become a graduation gift will it be framed at no cost to the student?

I would love any answer to any of my previous questions pursuant to the rate at which your graduates are employed and the manner in which they are paid.  If I don't receive a reply addressing these questions I will then conclude that you a) don't have the information to answer those questions because you refuse to collect it, or b) you choose not answer those questions because you or your employer are concerned that the answers to those questions will reflect poorly on your institution.

Hello David,

Your numerous inquiries will be better vetted by speaking to a live person, as answers are likely to foster additional questions.  Our toll free number is 1-800-432-3483, and Kristi is prepared to satisfy your above curiosities.

Thank you,

Francisco

No one pays Divers for just blowing bubbles. Get buisy guys your just getting started. PS; Great Photo I like it.

**Full-Time Commercial Diving Job in beautiful sunny San Diego!**

http://www.facebook.com/NUPolytech

Check it out!

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service