I have a degree in Video Production .. however no experience in diving. What is the job market like out there for someone like me? 

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you have a degree in video production do the same thing you did before you new anything about video production. Go to school for diving. The market for you is zero you cant dive and know nothing of whats going on in the field at this point. Good luck. I love being a diver.
You definately have a specialized skill, suggestion, if you have any or no diving experience, sing on with a Good dive team and let them teach you. Most of us here were here long before the ADC officially sank their talons into this business, and we will be here long after the Coast Guard figures them out and the Government gets rid of them. This Industry will always need people who go the extra mile to incorporate their "special Skills and Abilities" into this field. Welcome to our world brother, the door is opened, how fare you dare to enter will reflect in the reward you reap by entering.....Fair Winds
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the inspiration. Where can I read up on the ADC and what that's all about? How would you suggest I start my journey into this industry? Where would I look for a dive team to start building a relationship with?

Thanks for your time, It's appreciated!

- Jon
Ask the opinion of anyone here about the adc, and then once your well informed read about them on their own web site. You'll see the what we know, and what tey want you to believe. Find teams local (near you) and offer them your services. Start working out from there, offer your services to any little company trying to open the walls in this business. Give good rates and exchange some onboard camera lessons for some supervised underwater experiene. Kindness and the sharing of knowledge still means alot to real dive teams and honest companies.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service