GOT A ONE YEAR CONTRACT NOT SIGNED YET............HAVE A LOOK

I have been offered a contract for employment in an inland and offshore diving company in the country of Trinidad and Tobago. The contract states no perks, no benefits, no plans, noting of such sort. Money wise it states, you will work 360-372 hours a month. Twelve hours shifts everyday. Your gross pay will be $24000 a month this comes down to $66.50 an hour, $792.00 a day. You will be required to dive deeps exceeding your qualifications which may be in an excess of 300+ feet. Now all this money comes down to about $10USD an hr, $132USD a day and about $6000USD a day..........now tell me what you all think of this? 

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets say you work for a month, at the end of the month they throw you out of the country with no pay.
You have no recourse. How well known is the diving company?
Are they providing housing ?
1. Round trip airfare upfront. Being stuck and having to get back home at your expense sucks. Companies will do it to you. Your betting all will work out fine when you get some boss from hell.
2. Are you covered for medical if you get hurt ? Who would take care of your medical if you were disabled for a long time ?
3. When and how often are you paid ? Do you mean $6000USD a month ?

4. Who buys your dive helmet parts when needed as they are not free or cheap?
5. Depth pay ?
6. What kind of real recourse do you have for getting paid if/when the job goes sideways ?
Working overseas sounds good until you get down to it. You certainly ain't in Kansas no more Toto.
Use it to keep your hat lliner dry, not worth the trip! you can earn 10 ph uds at Mc Donalds now a days. Like Fred,Ace, Flynn and a dozen others including myself have said get it all in writing and signed before you dust off your gear Bro.....
Pass
Is that wage for air, sat or surface gas.

If its the company I'm thinking off they supply the dive hats etc etc. paid from door to door & all travelling is paid for.

No perks is normal for overseas & if your in a accident, I think its the same with any overseas company cross your fingers & hope they pay the hospital bill.
The company you are talking about is probably as horrible as most of the GOM cos. You never know until you really know, I have seen alot of things over the years working w/ these cos., sounds like alot of s*** that Fred Achele would of said. Could be SAT , maybe!!!!! Lance
I started in the GOM in 83, went full time in 89 if the GOM is so horrible, why you there, I grew up on that water. Most real companies treated us better than blood, young one. Had my hands crushed once, bills were paid before I got to the hospital.
thanks guys i understand completely.....i'll just have to wait and see if it gets better or not
These numbers don't add up as presented, If you make an average of $66.50 per hour and work a normal work week of about 40 hours you roughly make about $122k per year. The 12 hours per day seems a lot for the depth they are stateing, and the comment about the 300' would concern me.

If it were me I would ask this:
What is the lenth of the total contract?
What determines my hours? Do I have to be on the bottome to get hours? Or is topside work also qualified for hours worked?
What is actually meant on the 300' statement?
Is 12 hours of bottom work required, or is this inclusive of topside work?
I think the first part was TT money then he coverted to usd I think
yea can we contact him too or are you guarding it with your life since jobs are so tite ?

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service