any of you guys know anything about this Group? good or bad let me know.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerry that sounds like the org that Marty Moris tryed to get started a few years back gut everyone was all for it until it was time to stand up and speak out
so is this website and group dead or trying to re organise?
We tried to organize this several years ago what happened was everyone was all for it gut when it came time for every one to make a move no one had the balls to stand up and orginize Ill call Marty and see where its stands It just amazing that we got a great responce when we first tried this but nothing ever came of it
Maybe with everything going on in the "Patch" its time to regroup and get organised. Most ADCI Board members are Company owners. They set (Create) regulationsand standards and real divers starve because the only thing they dont try to set is a base pay scale.
Chuck, call me and let me know, 256-312-9503. The idea is sound, the unity part is the b**** with all these new guys hitin the patch at 12ph- 16ph. Most have never seen that much money on a check.
Flippin thru dive site pages. it was linked thru another page.
Phone should be ringing now bro
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COMMERCIAL DIVERS was an organization set up back in the mid 1990's by a woman in Virginia and for reasons unknown shut down or at least stopped maintaining the web site in early 2000. The purpose of the organization was to give the commercial divers a voice in the industry and provide a forum for discussion and information. I do have her contact information but again for reasons unknown she is reluctant to discuss what happened that caused her to abruptly closed down the organization. The site is still up but does not seem to be maintained.
Pete Pilkington divesafe@msn.com
The intent of the National Association of Commercial Divers back in the late 1990's was a good one but perhaps a bit premature. That and I suspect that the DIVERS failed to embrace what the organization was attempting to do. Unite the divers, give them a unified voice, a forum, a place to share ideas as well as means to communicate with one another. Much the same as this site, cDiver.net is doing today. The commercial divers truly do need that forum or they can just continue along the same course most are willing to follow. Support this forum, use it, benefit from it or it too will follow the course of the NAOCD
It seems with all the ADCI ADCE yada yada, regarding "Diver Safety" and Conditions, that the issue of pay seems to be of little concern as the majority of board members seem to be business owners who are hiring the "Student TENDER/Divers" in at 15ph pushing out experienced DIVERS. Who sit on the beach while these eager kids get hurt, because they will work for less money.(Alot less than is deserved.)
The issue of pay and poorly trained "Student TENDER/Divers" is exactly the point of pushing for new, tougher, enforceable "safety" regulations. Regulations devoid of looph***s, regulations that do not hold supervisors solely responsible. But rather casts the burden of responsibility on the contractors AND the persons that hire the diving services. I can assure you when the first master of a vessel, or owner of a diving company that is charged with charged knowingly allowing a dive to take place with poorly trained "Student TENDER/Divers" the days of low pay will be over. First there must be a new enforceable set of regulations and then there must be an agency willing to enforce the standard. And that standard cannot be one regulated by any industry group. You want higher pay, you want more work, support new safety regulations.
SO where do I sign. THis is exactly what we need enforced in the field, But groups like ADC, seem only interested in this plastic card. Like i've told others, Ive been around since 83 ( I was just a kid on my first job, but divers back then made bucks because they were in control and it was absoloute. ) THe Prez down to the Assoc Dirs. are ALL for the most part business owners ( setting up windows and steel doors ) trying to control "Cash OUt" and using their non federal-law,
regs being imposed on divers. These impositions cost real divers their living, and these kids, real knowledge that could save their lives down the road. Call me if you have any Ideas, Im real interested in this. 256-312-9503. Something has to be done having a "Watch Dog Group" like ADC is Great, but they are not the Government, and have no legal authority to regulate or control operations in the field.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service