I have been working in the Middle East and Asia for the last few years as a project manager and sat superintendent. I like working in these areas and well take on any project thrown my way. I broke out as a bell diver in GOM in 1974. I have been kicking around the industry every since and am still having fun at it. I am alwasy looking for new and interesting things to do. I try to live and persue the four basic truths in life.
Faster horses
Older Whisky
younger women
More Money

Views: 2188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Roger,

I see you moved on from the joy of the S.P. confusion out of Qatar.

I did about 6 mths on there, nothing much changed in all that time.

Anyway all the best, pleasure to meet you there.

Glen
G, day Rodger.

My name is Robert Savage I have all required certs and experience in
pipe work and SurDo2 but I imagine like the hundreds you must hear from every day
I am struggling to get a foot in the door.

Any advice woulb be most appreciated!

Robert (Snowy) Savage.
Roger G Palmer said:
Need to be IMCA approved ie or equivelant , Canadian or one of the others.. we do have ex pats working here in India,

I too would like to jump in line for some work but by the 4th page it seems I'm a little late. I'll add some info for people who haven't been through the process of gaining entry as an expat to India for diving in the Bombay High oil fields. Both times I've worked there the company has to register my application to the government department responsible for immigration control MOHA. Once this has been accepted the client or dive company then will have to supply a letter of appointment for the diver to take to his/her closest Indian consulate. The diver will have to fill out all the relevant doc**entation and hand over their passport and letter of appointment and wait for the consulate to process and send back to the diver. Once all this has been done the diver is then ready to travel to India for work with the appropriate visa in place. Working in India takes alot more preparation by the diver than other countries I have worked in.
Good Day,

I would like to work in the Middle East, work is hard to find at the moment.
I would appreciate any contact details where I can send my CV to.

Thank You
Fanie Smuts
Hi mate, Greg Rae here, yes I am interested in working in india again, I have worked there over the years.. and it was pleasant for me.. I also do project managment, and deck work/ can you please advise me what is about now?

thanks

Greg
Attachments:
Greg said:
Hi mate, Greg Rae here, yes I am interested in working in india again, I have worked there over the years.. and it was pleasant for me.. I also do project managment, and deck work/ can you please advise me what is about now?
thanks
Greg

Bloody Greg Rae haven't hear of you since doing our dive training in Townsville, Do you remember spending quite a few nights upstairs from Bullwinkles you know where I mean. I remember spending a few mornings sobering up at about 5m in 0 vis laying in the mud, our class also coped a lecture from the dive training principal about the dangers of drinking after diving. Send me a message some time ya baggyarsed diver.
Hi Roger, I am an Air Diver looking for any kind of diving work, been working most of my career as Diamond Diver on the West Coast of South Africa, loved it but I need to move on. If you have any way that you can assist me to find work, it will taken. Thanx
I've never heard of a diamond diver. I learn something new every day!

Etienne van Schalkwyk said:
Hi Roger, I am an Air Diver looking for any kind of diving work, been working most of my career as Diamond Diver on the West Coast of South Africa, loved it but I need to move on. If you have any way that you can assist me to find work, it will taken. Thanx
Most South African divers do diamond diving(diving for diamonds ) when they leave school,good way to cut your teeth,hard work ,s***ty pay,gives you a good idea very quickly what life as a commercial diver is going to be like.

/body>
Hi I would like to know how much they pay as LST LSS , and how to apply for , I'm IMCA certified with uk regulation on it ,
Mr Andre Dirk Geldenhuys
Humphrey Sims Str.
Hoch Land Village 9
Bloemfontein
South Africa

Mobile: +27(0)73 2042364
Email: andregeld@iburst.co.za

To whom it may concern.

As a military service leaver, I have spent many hours researching the Diving industry including your company. As a change in career direction I feel I can offer a new, fresh and eager attitude to a new career in this industry.

Summary of Work Experience

2008 Nov – 2008 Des....Placing of oil detection modules for an oil project. Company weXco. Job initialled the placing of modules and the retrieving of it 17 days later. I was appointed as the lead diver for the duration of the project and had to take over the management aspect half way thru the project. Did +- 20 dives a day.

2008 Aug – 2008 Nov.....Working at Tech dive Bahrain on the Duratt Al Bahrain project. Placing of Geotextile. Working with a ruff dump frame. Placing and levelling of frame using a total station and a dumpy level. Placing of D150 in frame, in preparation for agricut dumping for key wall. Using screening frame to dump agricut on stone bed, in preparation for blocks. Placing of blocks with overhead crane. Logging 200 min bottom time six days a week on surface supply. (KB18 and 27)

2008 Jun – 2008 Jul....Worked at Grant Jameson at PDC Durban. Worked on the DSV Deep worx doing UT Meter readings and inspections. Helped with the preparation of a moon pool for the boat and preparing the boat for dry-docking.

1993 - 2008 South African Defence Force Armour Division
Basic First Aid, Advance Signal, Advance Navigation and Map reading, Various Armed fighting Vehicles and missile systems, Various Driving and Maintenance Courses, Examiners, Logistical Control of stores and equipment, International Humanitarian Law, Occupational Health and Safety Rep, Advance Instruction Courses, Security Management.

My recent employment has given me extensive surveillance, logging, statistical, personnel and financial planning and management experience. Having worked for 14 years in the military environment I feel my administrative and communication skills can and will be a benefit to your company. This experience would seem ideally suited for the pressurized and demanding environment of the industry. I am looking for the opportunity to receive further training and work experience in the environment over the long term and to become a competent and trustworthy asset to your company.

My CV is enclosed from which you will see that my principal strengths are:

• As a team supervisor and member having been part of and managed groups during operational duties on several occasions.
• Surveillance and log/record keeping, producing reports and demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
• A level headed and analytical thinker that can perform under constant pressure.
• IT Literate with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
• Confident in team work or individually as well as confident in a technical environment.

I trust that you will find my CV of interest and look forward to the opportunity of hearing from you. I also enclose reference letters from previous companys.

Andre Geldenhuys
Mr Andre Dirk Geldenhuys
Humphrey Sims Str.
Hoch Land Village 9
Bloemfontein
South Africa

Mobile: +27(0)73 2042364
Email: andregeld@iburst.co.za

To whom it may concern.

As a military service leaver, I have spent many hours researching the Diving industry including your company. As a change in career direction I feel I can offer a new, fresh and eager attitude to a new career in this industry.

Summary of Work Experience

2008 Nov – 2008 Des....Placing of oil detection modules for an oil project. Company weXco. Job initialled the placing of modules and the retrieving of it 17 days later. I was appointed as the lead diver for the duration of the project and had to take over the management aspect half way thru the project. Did +- 20 dives a day.

2008 Aug – 2008 Nov.....Working at Tech dive Bahrain on the Duratt Al Bahrain project. Placing of Geotextile. Working with a ruff dump frame. Placing and levelling of frame using a total station and a dumpy level. Placing of D150 in frame, in preparation for agricut dumping for key wall. Using screening frame to dump agricut on stone bed, in preparation for blocks. Placing of blocks with overhead crane. Logging 200 min bottom time six days a week on surface supply. (KB18 and 27)

2008 Jun – 2008 Jul....Worked at Grant Jameson at PDC Durban. Worked on the DSV Deep worx doing UT Meter readings and inspections. Helped with the preparation of a moon pool for the boat and preparing the boat for dry-docking.

1993 - 2008 South African Defence Force Armour Division
Basic First Aid, Advance Signal, Advance Navigation and Map reading, Various Armed fighting Vehicles and missile systems, Various Driving and Maintenance Courses, Examiners, Logistical Control of stores and equipment, International Humanitarian Law, Occupational Health and Safety Rep, Advance Instruction Courses, Security Management.

My recent employment has given me extensive surveillance, logging, statistical, personnel and financial planning and management experience. Having worked for 14 years in the military environment I feel my administrative and communication skills can and will be a benefit to your company. This experience would seem ideally suited for the pressurized and demanding environment of the industry. I am looking for the opportunity to receive further training and work experience in the environment over the long term and to become a competent and trustworthy asset to your company.

My CV is enclosed from which you will see that my principal strengths are:

• As a team supervisor and member having been part of and managed groups during operational duties on several occasions.
• Surveillance and log/record keeping, producing reports and demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
• A level headed and analytical thinker that can perform under constant pressure.
• IT Literate with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
• Confident in team work or individually as well as confident in a technical environment.

I trust that you will find my CV of interest and look forward to the opportunity of hearing from you. I also enclose reference letters from previous companys.

Andre Geldenhuys
Attachments:

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service