Collecting from a non paying Ship owner for your labor on vessel

Does anyone have any experience on collecting from a ship/vessel owner who is trying not to pay you for your labor/services ? Liens on vessel or arresting the vessel experiences ?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maritime Law applies here, the vessel could possibly be siezed as well as its assets.
http://www.divelawyer.com/ Try these Guys Ace. Its like any other contract. If you provided an agreed upon service, you are entitled to compensation Plus losses.
Yea Jerry I have bought a number of legal services to collect for salvage jobs but havent yet in my career any experience in a lien on a vessel and the pleasure of actually having A VESSEL LOCKED TO A DOCK. I would like to hear from someone who actually has.

FOR WHEN YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS THEIR HEART AND MIND WILL WILLINGLY FOLLOW !
Ace, you can arrest a doc**ented vessel but you have to have a U.S. Marshall do it.
also you must register the lean with the doc**entation office.
If you worked as a contrac welder take them to small claims court.
If you worked as an employee take it to Alaska Department of Labor.
or hire a crane and lay the boom down across the deck and say pay up or sit.
I have in the past done that and also have wrapped a cable around the ships prop and secured it to the pier pile.
I was just told it has to be $5000 or more to lock up the boat to the dock. I am looking into some other approaches also. Thanks guys.
Ace who told you it had to be 5K to lock up the boat??
file the claim and claim it was 5k make the owner prove its not.
If you loose out, give the SOB a 1099 for triple the amount and let him prove to IRS he cannot owe tax's on it. He will have to pay them then try to prove you did not pay him that much. tax's is on money or in kind. (kind=labor value)
lots of ways to skin a cat. good on the bar be.
Buy the way ACE why is the Client not willing to pay for work done ?
I stepted into a snake pit unbeknowing to me not as strait forward as I understood it to be. Email me at for more info if interested onecomdiver@cs.com
Ace I've dealt with this before I found that getting with the underwriter and finance company does great wonders! Its a pain in the arasse but they will help you out if you have that info as to who they are and then contact them directly THEY WILL MOST LIKLY PROTECT THEIR A****T and make it right
its 1500K$ here if you can catch them.
but don't forget its the vessel that owes the money not the new owner unfortunate for them

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service