im starting school june 28th and would like any advice on what i should be doing that will help me prepare for it. I have already been working out and getting my strength and endurance up but i need to know if there is anything i can research or books i should be reading to help prepare my knowledge of commercial diving. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

give me a call anytime or message me or whatever... what school did you choose? Young memorial, santa barbara city college and the minnesota school are they ways to go...

also there's a book called Introduction to Commercial Diving, you can find that on offshorediver.com
I looked at two schools. One in new jersey dive academy international and one in jacksonville fl commercial diving academy. I picked the one in jacksonville. Thanks for your help. Im sure i will have more questions for you.
Kid go to Santa Barbara City College. why pay 20 grand??
Go back to school get a degree in a engineering field then learn to dive.
Man you have to have tools in the tool box if you want to make it as a diver.
1st of all im not a kid so please dont talk to me as if i am one. 2nd i actually do have alot of dive experience. I agree with the engineering part of your comment. I am doing alot of research to help sharpin my knowledge on the entire commercial dive scene. I am a big girl and I would not be paying 20 grand if i knew i couldnt handle school. I appreciate the concern and thank you for your comment.
Dana,

Save this posting, You will see A WASTE OF MONEY!

Better Training and Much LOWER Cost at other Schools.
Whatever school you chose make sure it offers the certifications required to do the work you want to do.
hey Dana

my name is Barry i am from Miami and going to start on june 1st at
commercial dive academey we probably see each other there.

I have noticed that there is alot of negativity out there about this field.
especially from other divers it make me sick to my stomach about taking a 28k
risk for this school I am nervous as hell about the possibilities of work

I am starting to believe that some of the divers are saying things like this to throw
people off and have them change there minds in attending dive school less competition for them i don't know i am just assuming

hey dana are u planning to stay at the dorm in Jax?

like I said I am from miami and I am driving u there you too?
Barry why dont you do real research to real dive companys before you spend your 28k instead of taking hear say as any kind of gospel truth. Learn the real truth and the truth will set you free.
You can do alot of research for 28k. Later is too late and then you will be the sucker.
Hey ace I have done some research and everywhere I go I hear the same thing
no work for divers and no leads for employment. but thats everywhere. I have
done some research here in Miami and there is several opportunities here for a diver

Luckily for me I am not throwing all my eggs in one basket finacialy speaking

Ace what school did you go to?
Hi Barry, if you click on any member avatar you can go directly to their page with bio info. cheers-bill
Barry, take ace's word on this subject. its always been a rough way to eak out a living with the exceptions of right after katrina, yeah it sucks all over the nation right now, but it'll really suck when you owe 30k more and still have no job or are making $12.00 an hr doing a job that should be paying you ah*** lot more. if you have several opportunities in miami, you should check and see what they pay and i bet you'll find you'll be working for peanuts. good luck.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service