Dry suit zipper. Open or closed for long term storage?

It's time to put away the dry suit.  Should it be stored with the zipper open or closed?  Maybe closed but not all the way?  I'm not sure, so I'm asking.

Views: 2965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No such thing as long time storage lol...
take an ordinary thick plastic hanger, put the boots thru the hanger and store it upside down. Zip open for ventilation.
I have learned through many Drysuit Reps that the best way to store your drysuit is to keep the zipper open. But do not store it in a way where the zipper is will be pinched, that is a good way to ruin a 400.00 zipper. Hang it up or roll it but keep it away from UV so it will not deteriorate...
Zipper open for sure and like the others said Rolled up or hang it and I like to put some pure talc powder on vulcanized rubber suits as well. Also don't store it near any sort of electrical appliances. They produce ozone which will screw up the rubber real fast.
james, like the guys have told you leave it open keep the suit away from sun, heat and electrical motors, no joke the guy who posted about the ozone is right on the money. i hang mine with a 1" dia or larger p.v.c pipe about 3 feet 6 inches long with a h*** drilled halfway the length and a piece of rope tied thru it. works real good.
I don't like it anymore than you do. But when you need it, you dive it. Hell, we had guys diving dry suits in Malaysia, not for warmth, but to protect them from the crap in the bottom of the ship.
damn flynn, dont include me in the east coat bunch, i was tying to help! ha ha

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service