graduated dive school at the end of February and have been looking for a job ever since. It doesn't matter inland or offshore i just want to get the experience. I'm use to working long hours i was in the Navy for 5 years before i want to school. Any leads or ideas?

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No offense....... but get in line man.......
Now that you have your diploma and all have you considered going back into the Navy and becoming a Navy diver. Had you chosen that route when you were in you would still be collecting a check and not have had incurred a huge dive school debt. Just some thoughts because right now the work is flat and I keep hearing this stuff on tv about it being the worst since the great depression. Heck you may even qualify for a reenlistment bonus and get dive school too. Good luck from a former HT/DV.
I'm still in the reserves, i tried to cross rate to ND but my command kept me from doing that because i was one of two hull techs onboard and on top of that i was the only welder and i was the work center sup. So i dropped a 90 terminal leave chit on them and said I'm out, they were pissed they tried sending me to mast for anything after that. And i have been thinking about just going on active and go through Navy dive school. Thanks Ace
It's slow right now.. Very Very slow. Hell I'm about to apply for a Galley Hand job ha
JMayo dont do that heck McDonalds is hiring.
heard cal dive just hired new tenders
They did, but it was one of those 'sons of a friend' kinda things... p***** me off really. But, what are ya gonna do?
I work for one of those companys and talk about slow slow..But it will pick up soon I hope. Nobody is working right now.. Applied for galley hand just waiting to hear back. Only 900/week but better then 0/week
Supposedly J&J is hiring, in addition to that, Aqueos and Tiburon are... at least those 3 companies make that claim. I think they're all just loading up for the season ahead. If I were you, I'd try Triton. They have a full parking lot and I have 3 tenders and a diver that are all working right now!!! I'm offshore as soon as I fix my alternator to drive to the shop...
You know mike. I think that althogh times are slow, i always belive if you are good at what you do you will always have work, but thats a case of years of experience and of course building up contacts, usually its not what you know its who you know. If you know alot about the job and know alot of the ppl in it you should keep busy I reckon.
For newer guys well its a steep slippery slope up s*** moutain :)
Its tough right now because there are no jobs.
Consider the joy for all when the biggies throw the doors open in july/august.....

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service