Hey Guys and Gals

I'm a British National currently basing myself in S.E Asia.

I Just want to ask around if there is anyone out there currently working in this part of the world, that could share a bit of knowledge about the current level of activity, maybe a few pointers about securing some contracts over here.

all feedback is greatly received

Cheers

Carl.

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a few mates that are currently fulfilling ongoing maintenance contracts, the rest are either hunkered down or returned home. Good luck-
Did your mates say that it's a little quiet over here due to the season, it's coming to the end of monsoon season now, just wondering how things might pick up? i know asia has kind of been booming a bit even after the GFC, finding sites like longstreath are a little out of date, some companies are not around anymore. and i'm finding it difficult to locate smaller companies.
any further info, appreciated

Cheers
As I mentioned in november-times are tight globally. this slow period has nothing to do with season-there is a worldwide dearth of start-ups. there is no new happening. africa and australia are moving forward, everybody else is treading water. don't depend on things 'picking up' in the next couple of months. as to local works - there are many local divers there that are scrabbling for day work. ---longstreath company listings are a bit long in the tooth BUT check the forum out, its cutting edge and mark longstreath lives in se asia-this is the longest i've seen him on the forum-he is usually working. pinch your pennys and reserve some 'get home' money you will probably need it.
great thanks bill, v. insightful, will chk out the forums there.

cheers again

Carl.
crap news dude,
was planning to head over their to try my luck after drifting finishes up if the work is not gonna be there might be resorting to a couple other plans locally, been hearing a lot a divers a h***d up over there not doing much at all. cant wait to get back to some constuction doing something not so monotonous having nightmares about spotting and picking up those f'in camoflaughed pearl shells.
livin the dream over here in broome town for another month, catch ya up
Well Matt if yer done in by pearling there is always the ab diving in Elliston.
Right now the Australian aquaculture industry is screaming for divers, the western shelf is gang-busters and Australia is closed shop to foreign divers. Chafes a bit.
what the hell dude.. u step on a few toes over here with a loud mouth arrogant seppo attitude bloody yankees...
been inundated with our sheep shaggin kiwi neighbours from across the ditch over here lookin for dive jobs lucky for us ozzies they couldnt install a tile in a swimming pool without a pep talk on there being no dangerous marine critters around
the aquaculture mob always looking for divers wanting a start out in the game a lot skills to learnt in this industry and will be used for the rest of your career.
our pearling quota are diminishing only got about a month left before we have caught all our allocated number of shells so be on prowl for some work after that. heard good things about the sa ab fishery
Handbags at 10 paces boys! hahaha!
hahaha u crack me up carlos. gotta have pride in the land down under
i got word that SE asia is picking up faster than the states

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service