Here is a thought..what should you do when searching for a job...call the companies (300 and more) after you send the CV? Is it really advisable to call all of them?Which one should you call? Any suggestions.....

Views: 167

Replies to This Discussion

what I do: I spend about 2-4 hours a day...yes, a day...going to every frikken web site for dive companies looking for their "opportunities" page and keep notes on which ones are static and which actually get updated. It's a pain in the ass, but when I see a new job posted online, I email them to join us and they usually post their job on our site.

Keep the drip on for sending resumes. Usually, the bigger companies will automatically keep your resume for 6 months or so. After that, you need to get yourresume to them again. Just blast your resume out every couple of months to them all and you should be ok. They'll call you...eventually.

Doug
Hi Doug,

what I do is pretty much the same I spend more then 4 hours every single day in front of the freaking computer,I hate it but what can I do ...I have send my CV to about 300 companies and maybe more.What they do is like you said but only about 15 % respond usually..so that's why I needed some advise should I give them a phone call if they do not respond at all or just try again and again with the emails?

I am sending my CV to the companies but until now nothing....someone will call me sooner or later..I really hope sooner then later :)

thanks Doug
cheers

DougNewts said:
what I do: I spend about 2-4 hours a day...yes, a day...going to every frikken web site for dive companies looking for their "opportunities" page and keep notes on which ones are static and which actually get updated. It's a pain in the ass, but when I see a new job posted online, I email them to join us and they usually post their job on our site.

Keep the drip on for sending resumes. Usually, the bigger companies will automatically keep your resume for 6 months or so. After that, you need to get yourresume to them again. Just blast your resume out every couple of months to them all and you should be ok. They'll call you...eventually.

Doug
In addition, take some personal time for yourself. Expand your skills and knowledge in all aspects of our craft. Ie. welding, fabrication, cranes, boats & prints, sketch (diver renderings are invaluable to tenders who are stuck topside trying to imaginwhats being discussed. Teach and keep your door open at home to tenders who express a desire to learn what you know. Never stop learning when your on the beach.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service