I have had many people asking how things are going with Veolia since my husband was killed while working for them on May 4th. I think many have thought, like myself, that Veolia would do the right thing. Instead they continue to prove what a heartless and disrespectful company they are.

My New Year started off with Veolia having court papers delivered to my home and in front of my children. These court papers want to limit the liability on their part so they do no have to pay me what my husband’s life was worth. Also, instead of having the court proceedings near us in Mississippi so I can stay at home with my children, they want to move the jurisdiction to Louisiana for their convenience.

I still have not received any life insurance, not even the Basic Life that Veolia states in their handbook that all employees “automatically” receive. Employees take note…My husband was killed due to negligent Veolia employees. Those same people who were negligent are still working for Veolia.

I realize this is a battle for my team of attorneys and I will not ever stop until I feel satisfied. However, there are still many of you either working or considering working for Veolia. Be careful.

Views: 685

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder if there were any criminal laws violated? Perhaps you could have your team educate you as to any possible charges that could be filed on the individuals involved? After all if you pin them down in criminal court and even better get a conviction, well then you might have their tail between their a**** in civil court and not only get more of what you deserve for the loss of your husband but also make a shining f***ing example out of killing divers and then trying to pass the buck. Best of luck. Fight to keep the proceedings close to home. Everyone's in bed together in Lousiana. The company wants to play on its home field.
Best of luck Mrs. Wilson. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Ethan, have you ever worked in Lousiana? I don't know anything about anybody being in bed together, but I do know that I worked with some of the toughest, most experienced people there. They take a lot of pride in where they are from too....careful
Like you really know
1st, I am deeply sorry to hear about your loss. Some of my FIT buds were working for Sante Fe, similar deaths occurred + injuries, not sure what happened. I do know that US Federal Safety Laws superceede all Private Business Ownership Rules. OSHA and DOT laws apply when any diving is taking place on or off shore on any vessel at any depth. 2ndly, you can personally subpeona the business owner for full disclosure of their insurance policy on contractors (divers) and employees (full time). Then, without hesitation, subpeona all doc**ents leading up to and after the diving incident. Travel docs, personal logs, vesse logs, and medical logs, especially drug testing policy. I lost a good diving buddy, Scott Wiker in '87 who died at the Crystal River Nuke Plant, two divers died that day, I have not been a commercial diver since. I worried me that safety regs were being compromised at all levels for the sake of turning a buck. As a public forum, anything said here is admissable in court. So, be on guard, and do your homework, but gain support at all levels, my prayers are for you and your family. James
You can view my pictures, Slovenia is also no rights, when something happens you are worth nothing, the director did not call me five years because I referred the case to the court, lawyers are incompetent or even participate in the process as long as possible.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service