I think we all need to pull together and help Toby find some reasons to be happy again. I believe a good way is to say something positive about ol' Tobe. I'll start;

Toby, what I like about you most is .... is how you're always so up beat and willing to accept people different than you and embrace their differences to further enrich your own life.

Next...

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

without trying to disrespect anyone posting here I have to say this has to be the most ridiculous thread on cdiver.
Hell yes, but its so damn fun too!
this thread got me back on Cdiver, lol
Ethan your so dumb you still don't get it ! Your fresh out of school and just started this career. You are not talking to your high school mates your talking to senior grown men in the diving field and as a newbie red-hat that does not in any stretch of your imagination give you any place to be disrespectful towards them. Actually they are trying to guide your dumb ass so you wont get run off/fired! You as a newbie have to just shut up and not try and get in the last word just try and absorb this new work culture. Your are there from the neck to the deck so Zip your lip the job you save will be your own. I swear you have so much to learn now go back to work dummy. We don't care how smart you can sound on line or with your friends you will have years to prove yourself. Years and you have just started. Try and be like Dave-he gets it.
Ethan,
Actually there is nothing more I can say to you except I sincerely hope you do get it. If you think some of the things I have said to you are harsh and hard well just wait because your going to meet many more in this field that make me sound like a real nice guy. The postings and banter with you have been fun and hopefully at least several things of what I have pointed out to you will be of use in your new career. I really wish you the best.
Ethan you and I are finished ! and so with that said I want to wish you and your entire family all the best, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Uncle Ace Parnell
Ethan you remind me of a guy I met when I was in High School I first became aware of this attention grabber his name is Steve Martin, Steve went on and become famous in comedy and later the movies and then there was another guy years later I met in my diving career his name is Greg Barnett he went on to be in the tv series Bay Watch with Pamela Anderson and that crew. You unlike those guys will most likely be rememberer for going to window C at the unemployment line because you don't get it and you don't know when to shut up.
December 12, 2009 3:04
"...The postings and banter with you have been fun and hopefully at least several things of what I have pointed out to you will be of use in your new career. I really wish you the best.
Ethan you and I are finished ! and so with that said I want to wish you and your entire family all the best, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Uncle Ace Parnell"

Im employed, Im doing pretty darn good, the people I work with and the ones I work for all seem to have zero negative opinions of me, and last but not least; Im flattered that even though you said you were done with me, you still care enough to keep at me. I promise to make you proud "Uncle Ace" :)
That a boy !
Ok Ethan you made me laugh now go to videos and watch some hula it will make you feel better while I try and stop laughing.
went to check out that Hula vid ( nice hip action!) and ended up checking out the aqueduct drowning vid after... absolutely sickening. What really got me mad was the tender's comment about if he knew how long the divers were usually under; "I dunno, I never tended these guys before" WTF difference does that make?!

A ? for you divers here- How do you guys evaluate your tenders and sups? Im wondering how the HELL these two seemingly competent divers would allow themselves to be tended by such an obviously dangerous tender. And why was there only one tender for two divers? And why was there a way for the tender to communicate with the sup AND it be regorded yet the divers had no comms with the tender or topside in general?????
well let me start by addressing on how horrible on an incident this was, should never have happened and i feel for the family members.
now let the bashing begin. competent divers?, competent divers with a competent dive employer would have had an emergency action plan, j.h.a, walk thru of the plant and lock out and tag out of every pump in the plant and tested to make sure the pumps could not have been turned on. a dive supervisor with direct communictation with plant controlers and divers, certified and experienced dive supervisor, from an accredited dive school or ex-military, certified divers from an accredited dive school or ex-military. certified tenders from an accredited dive school or ex-military divers. divers equiped with diving helmets and umbilical for safety, air and communiction, dive compressor, standby emergency air system, bailout bottles, and a standby diver.
if you are wondering how these seemingly competent divers got into the situation they got themselves into, just read the above paragraph again. from what information was provided by the news clip, these guys were on scuba with no communication limited air supply, etc etc, they probally had a friend at the plant that got them the job so the plant could save some money instead of hiring a professional dive company to perform the work.
as far as how do we evaluate tenders and sups? well im wondering about how im evaluating you, for thinking "these two seemingly competent divers". if you had paid attention to anything in dive school, no matter how poor of a school you may have attended you wouldnt be wondering anything, because even they teach the basics.
Actually the divers were employee of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Water District same as all the players in the video. Their boss; that competent certified dive supervisor you referred to, was suppose to be the one tending the divers that day. He ditched at the last minute and pawned the job off on another employee who had absolutely no knowledge or experience with diving. So he had no idea what he was even suppose to be doing that day. Probably just picking up a little OT, and was told it would be an easy money job.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service