So if you don't have the 2-3 years diving experience one needs for the majority of the jobs out there, how on earth do you get your start??

Rookies need help, The wise old timers advice would be much appreciated!!!

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAVE YOU GET WORK IN HOLLAND):-)
I’m struggling to make that big step from Inshore to offshore and believe me it’s a fckn nightmare! I have over 4 years experience in civil construction useless to go offshore, and most frustrating after some time you get the feeling you need someone from inside who will trust you and give your name to the supervisor, because from their point of view you are a complete stranger and they lose a lot of money if the new guy screws up. It’s sad but that’s the way it is.
hi nat, i know wot u mean catch 22 or wot!!! well over here in the UK you start by doing civils inland then if your lucky enough or know someone to get you an 'IN' its normally 2 years b4 ya get offshore. Its not always the case of course.... ya just gotta keep tryin and callin all the companies ya can m8..
hi i am new to this game and i have got my surface supply certs in uk scotland but realy struggling to get any work ! any help would be appreciated ..... i will travel anywhere but just like the subject no one will give me a chance so that i can get experiance ! cheers ! by the way hi dan it greg was on ur top up course in the PDA ! hows it going ?
Hi greg! not too bad thx! bouy maintennace work it's what am doing till I get that bloody phone call, cos the company I left to do the top-up wont take me again.
by the way I'll be in liverpool next month.. would be great to catch up with you.
You just have to keep going, try and stay with the same crew, they will trust you sooner and they'll know your skills and test you...
ok that wood be good we can meet up for a bite to eat and a drink ! how come u are coming to liverpool ? my number is 07595618085 give me a txt when u are about ! were have you been working then ?
darius said:
HAVE YOU GET WORK IN HOLLAND):-)

If you are new to the business .Meaning went to diver school after 1998 you have to apply to the NDC for a Dutch diving certificate (which is a pain to get ) . Then you have to seat an interview with them .That would be the first place to start .
Definately is a mission to get the Dutch cert. I filled in the forms, paid my money and sent in the application only to be told that the Dutch requirements are a lot stricter than the HSE and there wasnt much chance I'd get it. I went for the interview anyway and was told again that i probably wouldnt get it and then a couple months later the cert appears in the post??? Good thing to have I suppose but u have to go through a lot of pain and suffering to get it. Have to add that I was just out of school when I applied, if you've got some additional bottom time at depth I think its a lot easier...
Hi duncan could you please email me over the details for the dutch cert eg where to apply for the forms who to pay the money to etc etc ! would be a grate help if you could do that for me dude
cheers
gregyp.05@hotmail.co.uk

Duncan Murray said:
Definately is a mission to get the Dutch cert. I filled in the forms, paid my money and sent in the application only to be told that the Dutch requirements are a lot stricter than the HSE and there wasnt much chance I'd get it. I went for the interview anyway and was told again that i probably wouldnt get it and then a couple months later the cert appears in the post??? Good thing to have I suppose but u have to go through a lot of pain and suffering to get it. Have to add that I was just out of school when I applied, if you've got some additional bottom time at depth I think its a lot easier...
Hey Nathan,
It sucks, I know. I did two years Inland Before heading to the Gulf Of Mexico. Yes I had to do time as a tender. The nice thing now after all the Hurricanes is the tender and diver rates have increased in the south. Once you break out in the Gulf your always a diver!!!!!!! Plus you have that experience everyone is talking about. Do you have your ADC air divers card. It might shortstep your tending carrier? With four years experience diving you might only have to tend for a short 6 months to learn the offshore ropes. If you stuck with diving this long you could very easily make it down here.
I'm an American but will be getting my South African II cert (imca). Could I get through tending faster with this? I'll have DMT also.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service