ok heres the story me and a few mates have decided to enter a relay marathon for charity its 16 stages of 3km each but we only have 8 guys so we will each have to run twice now heres the catch we want to do it while wearing a km 18 and breathing off a 12l tin for the duration total weight is around 24kg did a test tonight and made 1 km and sucked 80 bar of a 10l before it became too hard to breath still got 3 months to train before race day what do you guys recon can it be done

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh yeah i forgot each leg must be completed in 20 min
fill the tanks 1/2 with air then top off with O2 and use composit tanks.
If you cant practice your running or stationary bike riding at higher altitudes your system with get used to the thinner air, then when you run the actual race at lower altitude or sea level its like getting an extra boost of O2. Alot of tri-athletes train at higher altitudes for this reason.
trying to organise a sponsor for nitrox fills at the moment in the mean time we training using an empty tim and a mask with the face plate and flush exhaust valve removed will get some pics up soon. unfortunately we are in bahrain and the highest part of the island is only about 100m above sea level so altitude training is going to be a bit tough but hey the gym is on the 9th floor so that must count for something
yes it can be done ,like you would give in ? i dont think so. divers are not wired like that. being a 2 time ironman i live to train!! i would worry about the pounding on your feet , knees, and ankles more.. just be careful that extra weight could tear you up big timeyou still want a long diving future more so than bragging rights. but it would be a cool race to be in

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service