Hi guys, i am starting my class 4-2 by Sea Dog commercial diving school in Saldanha in Feb, can anyone give me any tips on getting into the industry after my course? any tips welcome 

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was in RSA in '75 I had to register with the Dept. of Labor, Factories, Machinery and Building Work Act 1941

Got a Certificate of Registration as Learner Diver No.1094

Blue Book with Photo ID

From there had to doc**ent my time in acquiring a certificate of registration as a Diver.

I went from SA to New Orleans in '76, and found an older diver to tend that worked a lot. I was broke out working inshore marine construction & salvage along the Mississippi River, a short while later I fell into the rotation, right place at the right time. Than it was putting in the time, my old sea daddy said " there's a million $ worth of equipment out here learn how to use it". Got a riggers handbook, practical ship building and salvage terms, learned fitting-welding, life support systems equipment and why they work, keep your eye's open, listen, and hustle. South African Diving Service, Lori Venter was superintendent in Durban where I was living outside of.

Good luck

Thanks bud, but we will see, i believe that if this is what is ment for me, that it will work out, just looking for some tips to make life a bit easier  

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service