Just wondering how you like it.
pros and cons what your yearly inspection cost are?

Views: 1527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since no one else has replied to your question I will.  The 4th generation of improvements on the Gladiator diving helmet has been performed resulting in the model Gen-4 Gladiator.  Like the preceding models it is based on a nominally 1/4"thick cast bronze shell.  Thicker and stronger than Mk5 diving helmets.  The faceplate comes a standard 1/2" thick Lexan machine to inset slightly into helmet.  3/4" and 1" Lexan is available upon request.  All other diving helmets I know of use 1/4" which is why they have to be replaced so often.  The regulator is the top of the line Poseidon Xstream Duration which is very simply constructed and is the easiest breathing regulator that I have found to date.  It is a cold water approved regulator excellent for ice diving.  The exhaust are all dual exhaust using readily and commonly available flapper valves.  The comms are standard 8 ohm mylar speakers and microphone.  Can be 4 wire marsh marine or 2 wire with beefy solid brass commposts with the wire h*** drilled in the base and not in the skinny stem that tends to break with age.  The snoopy /head cushion is made at LifeSaving Equipment Co. in Morgan City, La.  The chin strap which keeps the helmet on the divers head is thru bolt attached to the helmet shell and not the snoopy / head cushion which can come loose and allow the helmet to come off divers head.  The snoopy / head cushion is secure inside the helmet by velcro instead of snaps which rust and tear loose.  The neckdam assembly is easy to secure and simple.  

Maintenance is simple and easy.  Yearly inspections are required like all other helmets. 

Thank you for the reply marty. I was hoping someone that owns one of your hats that dives it on a regular basis what reply with there experience with it.

I guess they are busy.  It is not like there are thousands out there.  I wish.  E-mail me and I will send you a few divers addresses to ask.    martin@heavymetaldivers.com

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service