im 18 and looking for info on commercial diving no oh it shall be great give me the real deal no b******* i am working as a heavy machine operator so need be i will save up for school yea i know how much it cost and all the places but heres my questions 1 do i need to move to LA or texas cali or near the shore for offshore diving or for inland do i need to be on the shore or anywhere 2 whats your thought on how often you are gone for offshore and inland 3 is there really any money in commercial diving and how hard is it landing that first job 

Views: 1774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to college and become a PE, marine engineer - anything but dive school. Later on when you are a PE then become a diver if you want to. The GOM is dead and the future looks the same for diving there. Top GOM divers work ridiculous hours for s*** and there are TONS of them sitting around collecting unemployment. That's why companies down there hire new hands while their five to ten year guys are sitting in a bar in Morgan City. It's cheaper to get a new red hat out there and beat the s*** out of him for three weeks. Then you get "shop time".

I'm in school right now at South Central Louisiana Technical College and I have nothing bad to say about it.. We're not diving very deep but we work in zero visibility all the time.. And I have heard that's a good thing.. If you can get financial aid you will leave here either having made money or owing very little.. Every Diver, Dive Sup I've spoken too said I made the right choice.. In the end we all get the same certification... I'm am personally trying to go home and work inland but if that falls through their are companies hiring here.. Oceaneering just fired 5 tenders because they were lazy or just sucked.. If your into smoking pot or drugs I'd stop that right away because they Hair follicle text back three months.. I've met a lot of good guys who have been very helpful and made good contacts but their are also a lot of D***heads who love to act like king d***.. So if you don't have thick skin and can take s*** it's probably not for you.. Since I'm in school that's all I can really say because I'm not going to pretend like I know my s*** because I don't... But if you want any info on SCLTC inbox me and I'll give you my number... Good luck dude

Get back to class, and Oceaneering did not fire 5 tenders dude, they up and quit, so get your facts right before you open your mouth

5 tenders quit their jobs at Oceaneering in this job climate ? How long have they been painting, making coffee, sweeping up, kissing ass and choking hose, ten - twelve years ?

All Red hats but one, I guess it was not the dream the school sold them

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service