We took our dredge out day before yesterday, and the wind Literally kicked the crap out of me! I've been driving boats since I was a kid so a Raft should be a breeze right? SO VERY WRONG!!!

Don't get me wrong, the water is great out here, but a quick change of wind ( very regular I was told AFTER the fact) tested my skill and my nerve! The waves won. 

Next time I pick the boat!!! We found a great 16' Skiff ( they call everything here with a curved bow a skiff) more like a Dory , and slammed a 10 hp Honda 100 on it and Shazam! wE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS. 

Tomorrow the paper work and harbor permits will be reissued to the new boat ( it's used, every thing is used or sold as if it were plated in platinum) But a few tweeks and we were up and running again. Tomorrow the Harbor promises we can launch again without further delay! Two men are better than three anyway and this lil' tub is gonna work fine.

Views: 236

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All those little tiny flecks (and the big ones ) amount to about $5.00 in dust. Panned out in about 20 minutes by hand by my partner Ed! This is beach sand randomly grabbed off the side of the road. It's every where and all you have to do is be patient. Imagine what our 6" dredge will recover in a 4 hour run... This is only a sample of the area our leases contain.! This trip is really showing promise.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service