I am extremely dissapointed with Kirby Morgans customer relations. Brand new 37SS that rusted after my first dive which was sent back to KM via my distrubutor ( whom went above and beyond their duty )which was then "resolved" by KM removing all impurities from the metal surface. Hat stood standby after its return, DID NOT SPLASH and low and behold by the time I got home to wash it was rusted all over again! KMs response? They will not take the hat back to resolve the issue the right way basically telling me to screw off and at this point will not replace the shell. Now I know its a hat and they are meant to be used, but after a total of 6 dives throughout its existance the rust continues to grow. Seriously??. KM did give me an anode kit but its useless. Fact of the matter is it should not rust that fast and their lack of assistance with the matter is rediculous, telling me " its still a diveworthy hat". I could undestand if she was dove hard and put away wet for a month in the cab of my trunk but 7500 dollars of my hard earned money to get this damned thing and this is the kind of BS you get. I do not do any burning or welding so thats not the issue. If i were to buy a brand new BMW and the paint begain to blister they arent going to respond with " well the engine still runs good". Their attempt to keep my loyalty was a 45 dollar hoodie. I should have bought a Gorski..

Views: 595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you looking to get a used Gorski ? 

Buy some Navel Jelly at the Hardware store and it will clean the rust off, then coat with clear urathane paint.

Or better yet now that you are stuck with it, let it rust and that will be a big selling point for those wishing to buy one.???

My helmet has been tarnished almost black since 1936, still works just fine because its copper..

As i stated before i just think its BS that a " stainless" steel shell should rust with one dive. I will still dive the hat but this post was just in case anyone was planning on buying a SS series of KM to think otherwise. I would have bought glass but this was supposedly the best shell you could buy so they claim.

Poor quality stainless for casting. Might want to ask what country KM has the shells cast in.

Back in the day the Miller hats were cast in Norway, Gorski is cast in USA.

KM in a Yuk in Tibet? Who was the one making the claim it was the best shell?

For the price it should be topnotch.

That hat's garbage. How much do you want for it?

Bronze is best.   see www.heavymetaldivers.com

Wonder what grade of SS their using 304, 316, ? Fiberglass has a life uv/ exposure. Did a fair bit of burning, wielding, diving in my now 35yr old Savoie only rust came from slag BB's as cling-ons, little Neverdull or Naval Jelly cleaned things right up.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service