First post. Just curious.

Views: 1756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ace

Armada sells the Honda's. Any suggestions on head and a cheaper place to get a Honda instead of ArmadahuLL?

Sean, No unless you made your own rig. You would have to almost dublicate whats already being done. What I can tell you from my experience is that by the time one figures out the engineering curve that others have gone thru your better off paying the price that Armada or some other mfg. charges. Good Luck.

Its easy to look at a piece of equipment and say to yourself" I can build that" but the time and effort spent in what I call the engineering curve to get that piece of equipment on line and performing flawlessly is way more that you could have imagined. How do i know that ? BTDT. Meanwhile you could have been out there making  real money with a truely professional piece of equipment and performing professionally. Breaking down an or having to go back to the drawing board in front of a client is the worst !  

ok thanks

sean sorry been computer less for 8weeks, dont know if you are sorted yet, if you are i would be interested in what you have spent your money on.

if not pm me and i will dig out what info i have.

happy xmas

steve

Hi Steve. Im still looking for equipment. Im in Miami. Seanblesi@live.com

Steve looking at old posts I see that you bought some hull cleaning equipment. Prop polishing?  Entire Hull?  Well I would love to hear what is working and what isnt!

You mentioned small brush heads and that is what I have concluded from seeing pic and videos-works best for cleaning props. I might buy the AS16 head from ArmadaHull but it has 2 longer handles on the head instead of 1 and look like they will be a problem getting into places close to the hub and with smaller 4-5 ft prop blades.  I do yacths now and want to expand and do 140 footers and up and get into the smaller cargo ships here in Miami.

The prop polishing tool from british umc looks very compact and practical!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

yes thats a good tool i forgot the name of/from but you need 50+ltrs per min if i remember right.so for us it was a none starter.

also 5/8ths & 3/4 hose to heavy

umc much tougher than the stanley so i gather i.e.ref the shaft and bearings. i do have one of these but have only used it once in two years. not for polishing just cutting.

because we have to push our kit every were, and there is no access for van etc so small and compact was/is the name of the game here.

we talk more in the new year 

steve h

Hi Steve

You mentioned the heavy hose. The armadahull as16 head needs 3/8 hose and will be lookin for light thermoplastic hose that doesnt kink and damage the hose.

Any thought on hydraulic underwater hose?

Need info on where to buy LIGHT but durable hydraulic hoses to power my hull cleaning head for props and hull. I want to go as light as possible but also afraid that it will be susceptible to kinking and damage!

Please reply!

Synflex - 1/2 inch ID for pressure 3/4 inch for return - It floats.

look up on Synflex web site.

Thanks again Fred

also s/s fittings on the wet end both if poss but to start off you can just have them on the wet side. to save money, you can soon have them cut off and fitt the more expensive s/s ones a year down the line. unless of course you dont wash your kit on that case s/s is the way to go.

i also recommend bio oils, they hurt $$$ but if like me two years back i split a hose under a boat, it proved its self value for money it was gone in seconds. i did not have to go clean 20 other boats.

there is a ref to honda here i hate my honda far to noisey the briggs and statton you dont know its running.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service