Alan Krasberg Reclaim Hat 1980's - Historical Research Project

Dear all,

Recently I became an owner of a diving helmet of which the exact type I had never seen before.

Some preliminary research with the internet and library material and conformation with Kirby Morgan is that the hat is an early Alan Krasberg Reclaim hat.

Further research has revealed little.  The technical details I’ve managed to find have come from the original USA patent from 1979.

What has been suggested by a recently made contact in Aberdeen is that I should try and find some KD Marine divers or other Divers/Dive Supervisors/ Dive Superintendants from that era circa late 70’s early 80’s, who may have come into contact/used the Alan Krasberg helmets and
pick there brains about its inner workings or just general comments or even good
old bell stories.

What I am trying to do is to pull together some historical information to accompany the hat in it’s now retired state (the fibre glass is not what it used to be).

Also if there are any photos of the AK design kicking around I would love to have the chance to see them as this is one part of the research I have not been able accomplish yet, either working in the water/on the bench
being repaired etc.

Thanks for your time taken to read this, and I look forward to your replies.

Chris.

Views: 773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris

I also have a Krasberg for several years now, you can see mine on offshorediver.com 

Google Krasberg reclaim, or Rob Krul Diving  and you will find it.

I recieved some mails from divers that used to dive them.

if you like I can sent info I recieved.

nice to hear someone else is also looking for info on this.

gr

Rob Krul

Netherlands

www.krul-bv

info@krul-bv.nl

Seems you dropped your line of enquiry, but in case you come back to this, I used to work for Al Krasberg. My father made the first "Krasberg" helmet in 77.They worked together in the 70's and 80's. You can look at cDiver.net photographs and see three of these,including one based on the original 17a.It's on my desk as I write this.There will not be a lot of info available for these, that was not one of Al's strong points. Workshop manuals left a lot to be desired. General Diving Systems was taken over by pressure Products, along with other companies such as Gas Services. and they now trade as Divex. Contact me if you want to know more, I'm off to the middle east tomorrow but can respond via email etc

Best Regards

Jim bathgate

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service