Im currently in school and want to start looking for jobs can anyon give me an idea of where to start or who to call and who not to call?

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are sad times for the commercial diving industry.  You are trying to compete with dudes that have all the gear and 10 + years experience.  

I'm sorry to say this, but your dive school lied to you.  You won't make it.  Not because of you, but because the industry is flooded.

Guys that are worth their salt are working over seas for chump change, just to stay afloat.  

You might be able to get some work with a inland company doing potable water work.  You could survive on that until the next hurricane.  Then you might be able to get a job as a diver and a chance to prove yourself.

Most likely you will go back to what ever you did before.  You'll be angry at me for telling you the truth, but hey, most people can't handle the truth.

Good luck pup, you're gonna need a lot of it. 

No not mad at all thank you for being honest 

What school are you at? Did you just start? Like paiste said.. market is flooding with FNG's there hiring them at 14$. You might get hired if you try to looking around Apirl-May. Work seems to pick up a little around then. But you won't work much.. I barely worked last year to not be broke ha. Reason why I'm back in school. When another hurricane hits I'll get back in it.

I'm at the ocean corp in Houston. And I'm done end of July 

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service