Have you heard about the Man In The Sea Memorial Monument yet

HSPIG was given final approval from the US Navy to begin fundraising for the creation of the Man In The Sea Memorial Monument at the old Navy Divers Training School at the Washington DC Navy Yard. If you were one of those who trained at the WNY School, please check out our efforts on this project.  We have been working on this for over 6 years.  We are now in the fundraising process to collect the needed funds to create this monument. For the past 6+ years we collected only enough funds to do initial surveys that were required by the US Navy and not for the complete project because we wanted to ensure the US Navy approved the memorial prior to doing any major fundraising efforts.  We are again offering our wonderfull 22" replicas of the monument online for purchase, 1/3 of the price goes to the funding of the monument, 1/3 goes to the factory, 1/3 goes to the designer of the replica.  These are very detailed statues that have been scaled down to 22" from the origional "JAKE" suit.

Respectfully,

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do I order Ken?
THe Sculpturist who makes these is doing some work on them in CA this week, I will try to contact him for you.
and what kind of money in amount are we talking about here Kenneth? Does the Historical Diving Society USA know anything about your fund raising quest ?
Yes HDS is and has been aware of our project from the begining. We have been woring with Leslie Leaney Executive Director, Historical Diving Society as our main contact there.
Here is a copy of what we have online from them as far back as 2005 as a support letter,
06/15/2005-

"I feel these to be extremely important monuments that will be a small testament to those divers who have served our nation, and countless others, below the worlds oceans.

Recognition of the vital service our country's military divers have performed is long over due. The time has come to act on their behalf and establish these monuments.

Please support this national effort to recognize the historic contributions these divers have made. "

Leslie Leaney Co-Founder, The Historical Diving Society USA

Other supports of this great project can be located at the web site at:
http://www.hspig.org/lettersofsupport.html

ANd please feel free to ask any questions about our project, the link to the statues is: http://www.hspig.org/statuepurchases.html
Just talked to the sculpturist who makes the mini's, he has 2 of these at the foundary that are being worked on now. If you need more information here is a page that can help you with some of the details: http://www.hspig.org/manintheseamemorial.html

Contact me if you have any questions also.
So whats the price on all of this ???
Price is about $4600-$4800 each. Not including the shipping costs. Yes, they are more than other knock offs, but you will get 1 of 250 only of a memorial monument at Washington DC where there will be thousands of people who will see the real statue along the Future River Walk area planed for the area. Carefull planning has gone into this project for 6+ years, we did not want to start getting funding for a project that might never be able to be approved. We also met with other groups who wanted a similar project done, but we could not come together on mutual issues like fundraising, and a name of the monument that was fittine a Memorial Monument that the public and divers could relate to. We have been working this project for 6+ years, and are very concerned about doing things the correct way. If you do decide that you would like one of these Mini's let us know and we can arrange a chat. I am sure you will not be disappointed in the high quality of these statues...

Shut up

Jerry, we have 2 of these at the foundry now if you are still interested?  Also we were able to get the price down to $3900 + SH in the USA!  Great reduction!  Maybe you can squeeze one into your budget?  They are really nice!

Ken

Order information is on the web site at www.hspig.org

Hey lets see.

about six years ago Bev Morgan and a few of his non diving ass clowns began this. It has only been a few years since the Gun Factory approved a spot for a Jake. They did not approve a Jake model as they have no authority to do so. You're sculpture isn't resonent of what we Divers represent as Bev Morgan and 99% of the people mentioned are not Deepsea Divers nor Military Divers.( On the big plauqe)

Kenneth you do not work at the foundry so how would you know? This b******* scam has been in the works for over six years really!!!

Also Kenny, you do not represent Divers as you also are not one, nor do you work for Homeland Security dip s***. I would lose that Avatar with the quickness.

There is a group of dedicated Navy and Offshore/Inland Divers that have raised the funding for Jake @ MKV project Admins name is J Sullivan. This is the only project approved by the U.S.Navy and you can purchase a 11" MKV Jake for less than what you are asking Kenny.

Mr Parnell,in closing, you are a wannabe, a non MKV or Deeepsea Diver who spins tales you cannot back up. It has been once again double checked. Hey I have a Idea,why don't you visit the real Divers web site OFFSHOREDIVERS.COM and spin you're web?

Upon investigation as of today it states you turned 60 in 2003, that would make you 69 years in age,yet in you're past posts you say you are a Qaulified GOM diver and active? That would make you older than Mr John Roat. Hmmmmmmm you are no John Roat and you are a liar.

Please submit a copy of you're GOM ADC physical along with you're DD214 and the companies you are currently working for and have worked for in the past in the GOM as a Diver/ Supervisor and Lead Diver, as you have stated here on C-Diver

This web site is comical at best~ Glad I found it.

Now we hear from the James "ACE" Parnell, man are you that OCD? You are worse than every SCUBA guy here and this Kenny f**. James step away from the real deals and quit, you are not a Hard Hat Diver,you never attended nor graduated from the Navy Deepsea program, you are not a legened on the Islands and you talk more s*** than a red hat on acid.

James Parnell, the Historical Diving Society is just that. It is just a club,and again,like the Washington Yard Museum,not a authority and they have no say on any damn thing,they do no approve anything, are no one other to SCUBA and a small little section of the wannabe world such as you're self.

Jeremy,  I know Ace Parnell,  I first ran into him when he was working for Chet Morrison in Louisiana offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.  I have seen him, his gear, and I know for sure that he is a real deep sea diver with more years of experience than most divers on this website have been alive. 

Mr. Towers-

Respectfully your information is incorrect. In 2004 we began our project WITH the support from Bev and many others in the Diving community as posted online under letters of Support at www.hspig.org (Including Barth) We discovered that BARTH and Dave S. were also in the process of trying to create a "Jake" at the WNY.  Bob & Dave were collecting funds for the project of theirs while we were making plans for ours. In July of 2004 or 2005 I traveled to WNY to meet with Dave S. to discuss a possible merger of ideas on a monument.  We failed to come to a mutual agreement in a number of areas.  We met with the command at WNY and proposed our idea of the Man In The Sea and it was accepted by them at that time to proceed ahead with surveys and soil samples to ensure that the area was compatible for what we were proposing.

We ONLY collected enough funding to cover the costs of the required items that the Navy yard required of us. We had some problems with donors who had made donations to Bob's group because they thought that they were donating to US.  We support Bob & Dave’s project completely, but as you can read for yourself, our project is 100% backed by the validity of the US Navy, WNY and many others. (See Web site for all details)

Last June we got the approval for us to officially collect funding for the project! (See letter from US Navy online) Until that point we have only collected funds to cover our costs for the project. We took extra caution to make sure that our donors knew that we were working on getting the approval from the Navy prior to any major fundraising; it was just the right thing to do.

As to myself not being a diver, yes that is completely true, I never was a diver, I never claimed to be one.  I was allowed to be on this forum by the forum manager. And no, I do not work for Homeland Security, I own Homeland Security Policy Institute Group, INC a Non-Profit 501c3 which clearly states we are NOT part of DHS (If you were to read the content online).

I sincerely don't understand what your problem is against the diving community here, these people are some of the finest in the business and are proud to have served the country in many ways.

For accurate and up to date information about the Man In the sea project I would suggest reading ALL the supporting materials PRIOR to making OBSURD postings online.

Respectfully

Ken Dreger

CEO HSPIG

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service