If you are a recent graduate and are living in South Florida send me your resume if you want some on call work. I'm compiling a list of guys that are going to be available for non-permanent on call. 

send to eyespysean@yahoo.com (att Sean)  

Views: 2423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aloha,

My name is John David Narramore.  I am a former diver from Mobile Diving
Salvage Unit One from October 2007 - June 2011.  I got out of the Navy last
June and moved out here to Sydney, Australia, in pursuit of a commercial
diving career here so I could pursue my relationship with my Australian
fiance I met while in the Navy.  Unfortunately, I didn't do all of my
research and have come to find out that commercial diving here requires me
to attend an entirely new series of training that I can't afford.  With that
being said, I am looking to relocate back to the states and hopefully
continue my career in diving.

I have a fair bit of experience in diving, salvage, Anti-terrorism force
protection, harbor clearance, de-beaching of stranded vessels, ships
husbandry and environmental work.  In 2008, I deployed to Bahrain for six
months of on call emergency responses around the Persian Gulf and eastern
Africa.  While there, we also conducted interim cleanings on US Navy
warships and a propeller change on the USS Pearl Harbor.  In 2009, I
deployed to Pago Pago, American Samoa for the survey of the sunken EX-USS
Chehalis.  I also was a key participant in the de- beaching of the USS Port
Royal when it ran aground in February of 2009 as well.  In 2010, my dive
team was augmented to Kure Atoll to salvage a sunken sailboat in a pristine
nature reserve.

I am willing to take any job that you have to offer whether it be diving,
tending, preparing the dive side, maintaining dive gear or mopping your
floors.  No matter what I can be a positive member of your team

Kind regards,
John David Narramore

John,

Send me your resume with your contact information. I will see what I am able to offer you after I review it and submit it to my boss. To be honest you have exactly the kind of back ground we are looking for.

send to (eyespysean@yahoo.com)

FNG= 22.00 1 to 3 yrs

LT/DT=24.00 3 to 5 yrs

3RD=26.005 to 7 yrs

2ND=27.5 TO 30.00 7to 15yrs

1ST=35.00 15 and on

SUPERVISOR=42.00

Depth pay from the top. OT after 8 each day, Penetration pay 3.00 a foot from the start. and Haz pay for power plants and spill ways,Dams.

This is on the low end. Where are you located in So Fl? I don't know what those wages are or how they were set that pancho posted but that is way below especially for salvage. I mean it was good money 20 yrs ago and is onlt tender wages.

$15.00 an hour for a newly "certed" tender / diver is a joke.  A FedEX driver makes twice that.  Workman's Comp is mandatory if you issue a check to anyone working for you. It makes no difference if they are independent 1099 contractors or not.  The only way that would be different is if they were a company and a legit sub-contractor with their own employees.  You got 60 new in debt laborers coming out of that Jacksonville dive school every month so you have a lot to choose from.

15 for a tender is exceptional pay, anyone who thinks otherwise isnt well versed in the business end of this business. Or crying because they cant find work. 

As a rookie, if your offered this just getting out of school, youd be idiots not to take it. SOme of these jokers in here crack up on owners about pay rates, but the reality is as someone said in here "a fed ex driver makes that rate or better. 

Reality 1 that fed ex driver is already trained, and a rookie knows just enough to get himself or someone else killed.

2. that Fed Ex driver has a family to feed and 15 an hour means it aint payin the bills

3 A rookie who is green and clueless can live like a king on $600 a week base pay.

Take it and learn, stop listening to whiners in here who either are not divers or rookies who cant get in the door because business owners lke me read these posts when we re hunting divers  REAL divers and young tenders who are eager to learn our craft.

George, I dont know you, but if your a diver or a rookie, unless you do the paperwork every night at the end of the shift. Your in a losing battle. 

15 for a tender is exceptional pay, anyone who thinks otherwise isnt well versed in the business end of this business. Or crying because they cant find work. 

As a rookie, if your offered this just getting out of school, youd be idiots not to take it. SOme of these jokers in here crack up on owners about pay rates, but the reality is as someone said in here "a fed ex driver makes that rate or better. 

Reality 1 that fed ex driver is already trained, and a rookie knows just enough to get himself or someone else killed.

2. that Fed Ex driver has a family to feed and 15 an hour means it aint payin the bills

3 A rookie who is green and clueless can live like a king on $600 a week base pay.

Take it and learn, stop listening to whiners in here who either are not divers or rookies who cant get in the door because business owners lke me read these posts when we re hunting divers  REAL divers and young tenders who are eager to learn our craft.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jerrygreywolfbabinstructdvr look me up, Ill help out if I can.

my resume and credentials are all listed here, it will save space in your mail box.

"I don't know what those wages are or how they were set that pancho posted..."

Those weren't wages, that's how much the employer has to shell out for Worker's Comp insurance (in FL).

Oh I see,thnaks for clearing that up for me. Still seems to low for the amount of insurance premiums they require a co to pay.

Still seems to low for the amount of insurance premiums they require a co to pay.

It sorta looks like the insurance rates have "improved" slightly since the last time I looked them up.

Those were hourly rates, FL has about the highest worker's comp rates (for divers) out there.

Giving the insurance company almost as much, or sometimes more than what the diver gets as a wage, is pretty dang outrageous.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service