My name is Dr. Tyler Sexton and I own a company called Caribbean Hyperbaric Medicine, committed to the development of new Hyperbaric personnel. I am a hyperbaric Physician if you are looking to add to your diving resume or change of career please visit www.caribbeanhyperbaricmedicine.com

COURSE BEGINS MARCH 12-18th 2012 Beginning salary as a CHT is 60 K you need this course to begin that career!

COURSE cost 1100.00 USD

tsexton@caribbeanhyperbaricmedicine.com

Views: 1756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out Hyperbarics International.  A lot cheaper.  Put together by D*** Rutkowski, the man that wrote the NOAA diving manual.

Also, a good site for training, not a lot cheaper, but thanks for your input.

Not for not,why is it that those of us whom are divers and operate chambers every day,teach chamber operations and deal with at times some very nasty cases  are regulated to attending a course which we have all ready taken in Dive school and other schooling.

Just a question? Do you teach advanced medical procedures and different procedures for various chambers used in the Medical feild? In reality,no one who takes any course out side of Divng is qaulified to operate one of our chambers and I wouldn't allow any one that was a SCUBA diver or non diver other than a Dive Doc or Surgeon to run a table on me.

I was intrested in this and have seriously put some consideration into attending a course. I had spoken to the Hyperbaric dept @ hospital in Texas and it seemed they didnt even have as much experience as I did, yet I had to be a member. Now granted I havent been a DMT in some years. Could you shed a little light on this as I really am at odds and would like some concrete answers.

I had also see where DAN is teaching a recompression course yet the people that are instructing are just recreational divers. Also the course that D*** has is 992.00 so yea its not much off the mark. Don't mind Paiste, his nick name is a description of what he ate as a kid since his family was to poor to have paint chips to eat hahahahahahahahaha.

Thanks Tyler

Thanks for your response Jeramy, I also appreciate your questions and I'll never understand as a Diving Physician why people have to immediately go on the offensive and fight about things they probably know very little about in the first place. I thought this would be a good place to offer information about a potential career change or applications that you as commercial divers could utilize in your resume. I also will never knock or defend my training over someone else's that is unprofessional and unneeded, I believe when people see a Hyperbaric Physician training no matter what other diver may have training cla**** or other individuals that when the student continues to decide where they wish to go then it will all become clear to them. Some facilities are better at training for the transition from diving rigs to clinical settings.

You are right, some facilities are grossly mismanaged, and aren't attended by a diving physician, the only light I can say to that is because, as I am sure you are aware there are many other clinical applications in which HBOT is utilized and extremely effective, most individuals now in the clinical field have no training in treating DCI cases or sat tables any longer, Only  us diving physicians who deal with this on a regular basis or receive training in it have this knowledge any more in the clinical field of treating.

To address your question, yes, I do teach some advanced medical procedures, suturing, a****sing wounds ect. Also, at my Zephyrhills facility you will be trained with a monoplace and a multiplace chamber applications. This will allow you to be beyond prepared for the transition into clinical application. Whichever model application they use you will easily be able to transition into the routine.

The DMT  ( through the NBDHMT ) needs to be an EMT or higher to acheive this rating b/c they will be doing pneumothorax, fluid admin, intubations ect. I have written both a national approved CHT and DMT course and the DMT is also under review right now to be IMCA approved as well.

For you, in terms of pure clinical application, the job description and day to day  of a CHT and DMT are similar and truly non distinguishable in the hospital setting. To become a CHT for clinical setting you must take an introductory course in hyperbarics which will go in depth not just into the DCI but the other clinical applications. You must be a PCT ( patient care tech) or higher to acheive the CHT rating, I will tell you if you arent regionally specific in your job search you will find a CHT job within 2 weeks of applying if you are a licensed CHT, they are grossly understaffed and if your a proficient one, your salary and job security will demonstrate that as well

... , but a DMT ( as you know- ) as an rig or offshore individual that is the eyes of the diving physician so they are more versed in acute care an stabilization. they acquire the knowledge of sat tables, and deep diving so of course the DMT course  in deeper depth in that area and less in others and both a decidedly different from one another.

Did I answer all of your questions? Please if you have more do visit our website at www.carribeanhyperbaricmedicine.com or email me personally at tsexton@caribbeanhyperbaricmedicine.com and I can continue discussing it with you if you want more information, I could type so much more for you to read and digest about the CHT and DMT rolls and what you will learn, if you email I will send you the complete CHT outline as well.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

I dont believe I answer one critical question, the reason you have to take another course into something you have obviously been exposed to and worked is the clinical setting and patient care is drastically different then tending to a sat diver or even that of a DCI case ( even as nasty as they are, and like you I have seen a ton) The CHT course teaches the different tables used for these HBOT applications as well!

Drowned 'em with TMI.  That might work in the Medical community.  Commercial Divers are smarter than that.

Let me simplify it for you then. You take courses in Hyperbarics even if you have already taken them in dive schools, for the credentials. If you dont have the credentialing, in the next organization you might work for they won't have a gauge to measure your proficency. Which could also effect your pay and job function.

Sounds like a great asset to have to fall back on in the growing field of HBOT.  Where can you go to school for 5 days and be a qualified tech in demand.  What is average pay for tech? What are opportunities for buying a chamber and opening a HBOT outpatient facility?

the average pay is 50-60 K depending on fcility. There are always opportunities to buy chambers, free standing facilities are tough to run and get reimbursed. this is due to lack of insurance coverage on treatments. It is possible and lucrative just takes a lot of work/overhead. A CHT can quickly be utilized and make above salary at hospital or busy hbot clinic.

Tyler thank you for adding information to this web site. This is a place we should be able to go to and seek out quality information directly relating to our industry. Dont mind the guys who dont have anything better to do than write a smart ass comment. 

I clicked on your web link and it was broken, please retype. 

Thanks Sean,

As a Hyperbaric Physician and a National Board course provider, I do love getting the word out and doing the right thing! Appreciate your support and commitment to this industry.

The website is www.caribbeanhyperbaricmedicine.com

Let me know if you have any questions!

Its weird how you can not crossover between offshore chamber operations or medic operations into the clinical field it just blows my mind.  I have my IMCA LST and IMCA DMT and neither one will crossover to work in the hospital setting.  I also have my "hyperbaric medicine" cert which is my CHT trainee cert, acc**ulated almost 10,000 hours on a panel offshore since then, and none of this can account towards my CHT exam for NBDHMT.  You would think that my IMCA LST/DMT would be a "qualifying position" to sit my CHT exam but it is not.  Just my thoughts. 

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service