anyone got one

Well it’s a little late but happy new year to one and all.

Since last year work has been in short supply but we are back, since the 5/1/11 we have not stopped thank heaven.(OK so we had today off)

We have also purchased some new toys.

1 x 12 ton Volvo flat bed with 3ton crane 24ft reach.

AND,

1x cavi blaster.

Well the cavi blaster considering it was late 12/10 when we got it I have used it twice on a steel pile for around 15mins and 2.5hrs on a minging yacht its good too I might add, gets in to all those awkward nooks and crannies cutlass bearings as you would expect .

Also the other nice factor is the low pressure @2000psi delivery is a very nice attribute no possibility of severing flesh/body parts which I think all will agree can’t be a bad thing.
no need to clip on as it can be easily out finned, so you do not to worn out .

But the noise it makes from its Vtwin Honda 20hp is unbelievable it would literally wake the dead, or make birds drop from the sky. (er no we did not work that day I checked my log).
The other downer is the price ouchhhh!!!!!

So my question is? Anyone got one used one idea’s on sound proofing it as I may get removed from jobs because of the noise in marina's

Views: 1424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For What it is Worth......
Your Wrote and Posted.....[SNIP}...."So my question is? Anyone got one used one idea’s on sound proofing it as I may get removed from jobs because of the noise in marina's"

Review products from ArtUSA Noise Control Products, Inc.
See URL:
http://www.noisecontrolproducts.com
Yes, the products are expensive, solutions come with a cost.
As I recently{December 2010} worked on a project [Contact Value 460M] the  "Sound Control" cost 5M.

mmm, very nice to 5m against 460m is not to bad at the end of the day. its a small %% of the total

Buy a 10hp electric motor and switch out gas when you want low noise.

Buy the way any 2000 psi water blaster pump unit will work with Cavi Blaster zero thrust gun.

Any equipment rental yard rents water blaster pumps.

all you need is Cavi Blaster hand gun and hose.

Much less money up front.

well what you say is mostly right any were else but for here in gib.

to costly as we are already starting to work it.

so no i must find some sort of affordable sound proofing.

well th e weather is up here been blowing  8s/9s for two days so no getting wet and promised to calm later but pick up again early morning.

so that leaves me some net time to keep searching.

Hello Fred

Did you try the caviblaster gun with the water blaste?

did you get the cavitation effect and and safe water stream when in contact with the diver as cividyne claims with their complete system?

thanks

Omar

i think a chat 1 to 1 e-mail would be better.

steve

Its the gun that creates the cavitation effect, any 2500 psi water blaster pump will work.

yes so it may.

but the petrol version is 2000psi only

so what your saying is @2000psi its not working

all i am going to say is read 1st

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service