I am considering attending the course this year. I would like to hear from others who have attended and get your thoughts . Good and bad.

Views: 2419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went through both, NREMT on my own dime after taking DMT with him. Rich did an awesome job and has always been available to answer q's over the phone since the class. Straight up real hands on training, from a guy who's been doing offshore diver medicine since before I could spell that.
Thanks, i appreciate the input. I will be paying the tab out of my pocket as well, so it's good to know others did so y are happy with the decision. 
That is the way to be pay it off now and it's done no loan to be on your back. Plus you can't go wrong with the DMT CV

the guy who runs it, Richard Meister, does not have a teaching credential for his EMT cla****, he piggybacks off of a paramedic who lives in Texas without the knowledge or consent of Virginia EMS or the National Registry. Richard Meister is NOT an EMT or a paramedic.

Meister does NOT own or use a chamber in his DMT courses, how can you get trained for hyperbarics without a chamber?  

He charges top dollar for a bunch of crappy courses he runs (illegally) out of his living room in Hampton, VA.  He is currently under federal and state investigation by TX and VA.

Be careful of who you waste your money on, this guy is a scammer.

One more thing; Richard Meister claims to be a former Navy SEAL, thorough checking at Norfolk and at Specwar show that nobody by the name of Richard Meister has EVER gone through BUDS. Typical scam-artist talk! $5,300 to a hack who has no business teaching anything even loosely associated with medicine, what a joke!

Richard Meister worked at NMRI and was never a NAVY SEAL!

I went to Kevan Corsan in Texas. Only $550. Got a legit DMT cert. Finishing up my EMT-B creds as we speak. FYI...most DMT cert cla**** do not have a chamber onsite. They rely on the fact that you were bombarded with chamber ops while in Dive school...they do however, crush you with many different scenarios and "what do you do when" situations. Lot's of math and tables, lots of conversions. I am VERY happy with what Kevan taught me and my classmates and I am VERY happy with the continuing contact as well as the price! I do not know Rich Meister so I can not comment on his course.

Not sure if Primetime is operating or not. I did my training with Safety Management Systems (i.e. Acadian) in lafayette in 2009. EMT-Basic in 10-14 days. Kevin Corsan finished off the class with DMT. Good facilities, instructors, and a decomissioned chamber all on the north side of Lafayette, LA. Cleared to take National Registry Exams upon completion. Cla**** inspired me enough to go back and get my paramedic certification.

Down side: long hours and a lot of studying over short time frame. Typical EMT-B is 4 months, 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Must be serious about the class and material.

Take a look: http://safetyms.com/site.php

I was also taken by D*** Meister, he is a loudmouth fake SEAL who shells out half-ass "edumacashun" by shaming every one of the students who comes in the doors of his fake training facility.  He teaches his courses by reading from books while students read along, then he will take every opportunity to regale the hostage students with stories of how badass he is and how many times he has pooped that day.  He leaves his toilet full so that students discover his poops, I am not kidding!  This guy is the antithesis of "professional" and couldn't medic his way out of a wet paper bag.

He pretends to own a chamber, he pretends to have other courses running at other "facilities" but he only has this little company he runs out of his one-room bachelor pad in the ghetto of Hampton, VA.  If you check VA corporate records you can see that D*** Meister bought the company from his ex-wife Tracy after their divorce in 2009; doesn't it make you wonder about a guy who acts all macho but who buys his company from his ex wife, the former Corporate President?  What a p****!  What a faker!  What a liability to our industry; creating fake EMTs and fake DMTs and fake LSATs...

He's got no friendly or professional affiliation with any EMS educational organization; the NAEMSE legal dept. made him pull their logo off of his page, UHMS lawyers made him pull their logo off of his page, NBDHMT is in the process of pulling his DMT teaching credentials because they discovered he is a fake and has NO background in hyperbaric medicine and only a minimal background in diving.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH PRIME TIME TRAINING!!!  

D*** Meister just got his certification pulled from the NBDHMT of approved training providers.

Hah!

Wow, quite a bit of drama over Primetime Training. Sounds like a few people have some sand in their vajayjay. Look, any program you take is going to have pros and cons. Rich Meister does not pull punches, he will tell you exactly how he sees things. It may or may not be correct but you will know exactly what he is thinking and some people need a little more PC in their lives than Rich offers. He does provide a fast-paced course which is best for someone with experience (I am a prior EMT and Navy Corpsman) but someone without experience can make it through, just be prepared to study your ass off.

When looking at courses keep in mind that the NBDHMT only requires that you have the EMT curriculum in your course, not that you actually become an EMT. This is deceptive though, the industry is really moving to have DMT's with an active EMT cert. In fact, I was on a sweet Coast Guard job earlier this year because I was one of two medics in our company that had an active EMT cert. With Primetime you have the opportunity to leave the course with your EMT in hand (yes, he does partner with a company in Texas, so what?).

If you are employed, ask your company who they like for DMT training. There are three or four big companies in the GOM that still pay Primetime to do all their refreshers.

Most of all, just make sure whatever course you take actually provides you with the certs you will need to achieve the career goals you are after.

Avoid that dude as best you can, he's a full-on douche and somehow convinced D*** Clarke and Terry Overland that he was knowledgeable, a "paramedic," a former SEAL and a bunch of other things.  He told me and my class that he was a PA, a physician's assistant, and he has a lot of stories to tell that are certifiably baloney.  He partners with a paramedic in TX and that is ILLEGAL in VA, trust me, men with badges and guns interviewed me about Meister and they are after him.  It's only a matter of time till he crashes and burns, as other people have said, he couldn't medic his way out of a wet paper bag.

Save your money and pay for a real school, go to CDA or go talk to Kevin Corsan, best move you'll ever make and they are professionals who practice what they preach.

steer clear that guy's got NO gear!  I mean it, he teaches with cheap reprints from soldier of fortune magazine and old crummy xerox copies of outdated articles from obscure 1970s dive magazines.

Bizarre situation, but plain and simple the guy sucks and shouldn't be teaching anything.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service