I guess I'm too dumb to figure it out myself. Mark updated his website and I can't figure out how to access the companies section. Any advice?

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Companies list is gone... there is supposed to be a list in the downloads section but it's something that you gotta buy now...  Good luck!
Ask Mark
Only thing I had to pay for was a list of UK companies posted by Derek Moore. It was only 5 USD and it is very comprehensive. To me it was worth it even though I got only 3 replies out of a total of 168 emails.

The list was serious pain to administer and keep updated, the companies were supposed to do it themselves, but never did.

Companies went broke, amalgamated, moved offices, changes names or contact details and a lot of information on the list was wrong.

A yellow pages format is being developed to allow companies to put their own details in if they wish and keep up to date.

As for the list I provided for $5, that cost is going to developing the site not me.

The software for these sites is not free and someone has to pay for it.

Mr. Moore your list is accurate. Maybe one or two links didn't work, the rest was fine. 5 bucks is really nothing considering the amount of data. The only thing I dislike is the companies' s***ty attitude regarding them not replying to messages.
I have now hired a developer to write the application required to build a Diving Companies Yellow Pages section. It will take about a month to six weeks before the application is ready for adding to the site.

The Yellow Pages section will cover the following:

• Diving Companies
  • Diving Equipment Suppliers
  • Diving Unions
  • Recruitment Agencies
  • Other Commercial Diving related companies

To be included in the Yellow Pages, a company will have to submit a form with all their details. This form will be the basis of the database that their entries will be drawn from. Each company will have to be approved before they are added to the Yellow Pages.

By doing this, I hope to ensure that the details submitted are correct, and that the company is not a bogus one.

Companies will have the benefit of being able to write articles that will be posted to the News section. They will also be able to post to a Jobs board, when they are looking for people.

I have already had a developer build a password changing script, so that each company will have its password changed every month, and be emailed with the new login details. This will allow the registrant of the company to give access to the Companies specific boards to Secretaries, Personnel Manages, Project Managers etc, where they can create the news and Job listings. By having this script in place, companies can limit the amount of access that employees have to their details, if they leave the company.

For the members of this site, you will all have free access to the Yellow Pages section, much like on the old site where I had the lists of companies. I will also be creating a downloadable list of companies in Excel format, that will be updated on a monthly basis. This will be available in the Downloads section, but there will be a small fee for the file (Got to get the money back for the costs of all this somehow! :wink2: ).

Al the companies that I had listed before, will be contacted once the application is in place, with details of how to become registered and listed again.

With luck, this will now become a dependable resource for all members of this site.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service