First to introduce myself

My name is Niksa and I come from Croatia.I'm 26 old grad student,studying for coastal engineering.I am a freediver and a scuba diver,simply diving is my greatest passion and I would like it to be a career maybe.So my question is is there any need for a diver and an engineer in one person? I would like to combine these two professions into one,but unfortunately I don't know how because cdiving is something almost unknown in Croatia,and everyone with recreational diving permit thinks that he can be a cdiver...

This way I would also like to ask if there is any way of getting any scholarship for any cdiving school or something like that.

Thank you guys,I'm looking forward to your answers, and please try to ignore my spelling,after all English is not my native language.

I speak several languages (English,Italian,Serbian,Slovenian and Croatian)

tnx,

Niksa

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would stick with coastal engineering right now there is not much work out there right now. Dive school is too much money for no return. The first thing is you won't be a diver for years, you have to be a tender first and then break out as a diver. It is hard work like right up there with digging ditches and being dirty all day long. A lot of people want to be divers because they think it is cool to be a diver well that is a bad way to look at diving because the last thing your going to think when you are off shore is that your cool. It's nothing like scuba diving so do not put the two together.

I'd agree with Barone on most of what he's said. In Europe the course is going to cost you up to £10,000 with no guarantee of getting any work after you finish. The good side of being in Europe though is you don't have to stand around tending for years, you can go straight to work as a diver.

And it is nothing like recreational scuba diving.

Nikša javi mi se na 098 84 30 50. Ako želiš mogu te spojiti s ljudima koji imaju mnogo iskustva s komercijalnim ronjenjem i usput ti sam dati par savjeta što se školovanja tiče.

Hey again

To be honest i would really like to do some of the work as an consultant or a supervision in diving associated engineering jobs.I will try to get in touch with Halcrow's, Sir Alexander Gibbs etc to find out with them if there is any need for a diver and an engineer in one

and I know that cdiving is not recreational diving,but a very hard and dangerous job,but still I want to know all about it.I would appreciate if you could give me some more names who are doing consulting type of work,and please ignore me if I'm boring :)

tnx

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service