This was part of a promo package for a DSV. A remotely operated flying bell. I wondered how long the excursion umbilical was and how it was going to "fly"

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 121

Comment

You need to be a member of cDiver.net to add comments!

Join cDiver.net

Comment by Toby Dodd on September 19, 2009 at 3:37pm
here's a pdf file on the specs of the boat present time. don't see anything about the rov bell though. http://www.technip.com/entities/seamec/doc/S2specs.pdf
Comment by Toby Dodd on September 19, 2009 at 3:31pm
i just did the research on the vessel....and this is it now: http://cdiver.net/tag/seamec-ii/

it was constructed in '82 and the list of names it's had is Conautic Alpha, Shearwater Sapphire, Nand Shamik, Peerless Stena II and is the Seamec II now. i'd still like to find out what the remote ROV bell thing is about.
Comment by Toby Dodd on September 19, 2009 at 3:11pm
Comment by Bill Gardner on September 19, 2009 at 2:19pm
MV Tharos-maybe not this particular MDU (mobile diving unit)had one until decommissioned in 1991 having logged 3000 dives.
Comment by Rebekah Feasel on September 19, 2009 at 11:57am
Are these actually in use anywhere in the world? What are the benefits of a flying bell verses a one atmosphere suit?
Comment by Bill Gardner on September 8, 2009 at 5:04pm
The only bits I knows about the bell flyers is- A new company in about 1983 Conautic bv Rotterdam& Aberdeen proposed newbuild DP & 4 Point Mooring & 2 Deck Cranes DSV LOA 92.7 m Beam 18.0 m Draught 4.5 m 1500' sat system c/w 2 moonpools. To be named Conautic Alpha.
Don't know if it was built or built to another owner or what---
Comment by stuart anderson on September 8, 2009 at 3:53pm
looks a lot like the Seamec 2, ex shearwater sapphire? sister to Rocky 1 and 2?
Comment by stuart anderson on September 8, 2009 at 3:19am
Any relation to the 'Flying Bell' that was on the Tharos? that one was manned, though..
Main reason for it, that I can see is to make it easier to get the diver to the job. Not usually highest in anyone's mind....!

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service