Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 88

Albums: Heavy gear

Comment

You need to be a member of cDiver.net to add comments!

Join cDiver.net

Comment by Jim Bathgate on April 5, 2013 at 6:42am

Would anyone possibly be able to email me close up pictures (inside and out) of the gas/comms block on one of these helmets, and also,a picture of the actual scrubber cannister. JimBathgate@fastmail.fm

The air /comms block is the last item to source / rebuild for a custom helmet resembling the Air version,and my friend has a Heliox recirc helmet very similar to this one,but no scrubber cannister.

Thank you.

Comment by Rick Thomas on April 26, 2011 at 8:22am
Its a cool hat, I happen to have one myself.  Just had Ric up at Desco refurbish it.  Designed my Bob Kirby in '67, built up on a Yokohama Bonnet and Breastplate.  Nice piece of diving history as it is the first (not-Navy) commercial gas-hat.  Sodasorb scrubber canister on the back (I'm still looking for the insert canister that fits the shell), a venturi to recirculate the gas powered by a Scuba Pro Mk-V first stage regulator.  The hat in the image above has both gas supply and comms on the same side; my hat has the comms coming in on the opposite side.
Comment by Bill Gardner on January 21, 2010 at 1:52pm
Customized for an inbilt coffee dispenser
Comment by stuart anderson on January 21, 2010 at 12:55pm
whats the story with this one? looks like a medlock on the back? or is it somewhere to lay down your pipe'n'baccy?!

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service