need some advice that isn't coming from a recruiter's mouth

I applied to divers academy international still have time to make a decision whether or not to go through with it . I just want to work inland or onshore in the US west or overseas. i don't care about how much i make (to a certain extent) and i don't have to travel on the job as long as i get enough time off to do that myself. i just want to work/live in a adventurous area ( i dream to work in New Zealand) and just be able able to expand my diving abilities. Am i just a wishful thinker?

how hard is to get an onshore/inland job. i have no interest in working in the gulf or anywhere offshore. It seems that is where all graduates go.

does graduating at the top of your class really set you aside from others or is everyone who graduates from a school equal?

and what's the deal with underwater archaeology? i've read you can branch out into that field from com. diving.

my plan B is to go back to work at park city mountain resort in utah where i worked 2 years ago and finish my BA at U of U. should i just do that?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is diving jobs in the US are the same as they are in Canada. Good luck. Work is spars, and it seems that when one company has work, all of them have work. The real money in diving is offshore, if you can get there.

Once you work for a company or two, and you are on there first call list, you can probably get a half years work from them...together.

My recommendation would be to finish your BA. The commercial diving industry is heavily saturated with divers.

Good luck
I tell ya what i graduated second in my class from commercial diving academy in jacksonville florida and i tell you what....it doesn't really matter if you graduate frist second or third as long as your not below the half way mark. If you want to wor inland chances are your going to have to travel for work....most companies don't just work rght in your back yard you travel all over the country doing jobs that may be a week or a year long....it's an industry you either love or hate there is no inbetween.....you have t be dedicated to it.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service