Hello everyone, I am new to this site and new to this type of work.  I have done my research and I am still convinced I want to get into commercial diving.  I have about 18000 saved up and qualify for financial aid if needed.  I have narrowed my schools down to 4 and was wondering if you all could help me decide what ones to go visit next month.  I also noticed that some offer certain certificates.  what certificates would you recommend right out of dive school so I can work anywhere in the world.  The schools I chose are Holland College in Prince Edward Island in Canada, Commercial Diving Academy (you know where it is), Commercial diving institute In Seattle, WA and the last one is the dive school at Louisiana Tech (Morgan City).

Thank you for your help.  

Views: 3929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am pretty sure they provide you with room and board. 

I've read you have to find housing. Recommended to check craiglist and ask around? Hell if I go in November instead of March. I'll room with you guy and it could cheapen the cost for room and board. Haha
Yeah That sounds good to me! 

if you guy want to get a place I am down too. 

Sweeeet.. Both of you guys planning on going in November? Did you already submit an application and all?
I'm not 100% sure yet about November. Still saving money. 
But so far, it's looking good.
It sounds like they don't do top ups either, which means I'll have to take the wh*** course and do everything I've already learned over again. ... 

What is top ups?

No, I have not applied yet.  Im also thinking about The Ocean Corporation in Houston, Texas.  Its a toss up between those two I think. 

Yes, I am thinking November. 

I haven't applied either cause if everything financially works out by November then I think it's CDA. I'm just praying on a scholarship in September really. If not then I think it'll be too late to apply to nyd for November cause it'll most likely be full. So March sadly seems like a more likely time frame.. Which, if nyd is filled for November. I'm applying in November for the March class cause I'm am definitely going

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service