i have been trying to find an ROV pilot/technician training school in the united states and all i can find is Ocean Corp. Does anyone know of any others?

Views: 2274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TSTI in Waco
rov.org
I went 2 school in Santa Barbara and we had a few ROV cla**** and some elective courses like sonar and stuff like that. But alot ROV guys are failed tenders so any dive school will probly do, but Santa Barbara is probly the cheapest at around 2 grand, yea I said that, only $2000.00 (two thousand dollars) and thats if your outta State. If you are from cali. then it is much cheaper, or obtain residence (a po box with a couple of bills sent there in advance works, well it did years ago.) Being that it is based on a city collage campus it has state funding thats why so cheap. Not 2 mention the teaching staff are actual guys who made a name for themselves in the diving world. The other great thing about it is that with a few general ed. cla**** you can walk away with a A.S. Degree in Marine Diving Technology (they like the word degree for some reason.) ROV companies want you to have a strong background in electronics and mechanics and they offer numerous courses in all of these fields which can be paired within the A.S. degree I spoke of. The dive school had a very strong hydrolics class in my opinon, which is the other most important part of the ROV biz. Hoe this helped you out in any way. Oh yea It's the only dive school w/ smokin hot chicks walkin all over like ants.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service