Hi guys I take it you re LST's and I was just wondering did you have to become ALST's before to get to the position where you are today?
I passed my ALST exam in January this year and doing my offshore survival and medical in 2 weeks time but I find it very difficult to find ALST work on the internet or any companies advertising jobs. Do you know of any good internet sites or company who advertise for ALST's?

Thanks Adam

Views: 1039

Replies to This Discussion

Its not a question of good company site. Its a question of Vacancy. These day qualified LST also suffer by this problems. If you see the ratio of - vacancy : candidates then its look like ( 1: 100 for LST) & ( 1: 1000 for ALST ). So i hope u r smart guy & u know what's ur next step. But don't worry i hope market will stable very soon. We all r waiting for oil price increasing.
Hi Adam

I passed the ALST course in december 2008 and have 2 offshore survival certs and 2 offshore medicals
so i know where your coming from and how you feel i also cant find any jobs, i have been told that companies never advertise ALST jobs only LST or LSS however if there is an LST post then there is a chance that ALST post is opening up, i have even looked at the rustabout job on the rigs but it seems that you can never find the entry level jobs as they dont get advertised the companies prefer to take on new starts if they have been recomended by one of there current staff. so it is a real nightmare getting a foot in the door with so many newly qualified ALSTs out there.
Thanks for the reply guys, yeah James i know what you mean i have a couple friends who are air and sat divers and they have told me its alot about who you know as well and you lucky if a position did come available to get that position as there is many in line for it.
Hi Just came across this topic . Well after having about 20 years experience diving I managed to get a spinal bend which effectively puts me out of diving. However I then retrainned in 2008 to become an ALST. I have found it almost impossible to get ALST work , although I did hear of someone with no diving experience finding work. It does tend to be very closed shop, and as of yet I have had no work despite getting my offshore survival and medicals. It is a nightmare but I do believe in keeping on trying.
Wishing you all the best in your search for ALST work.
Kindest Regards
Dave Butcher

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service