How long did you wait to get your first job? Just finished school so ready to see how long this will take ha

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few before I graduated.. But industry is slow so just have to wait..
Yes I flew back Saturday from South Africa.
I'm planning on taking a day to visit most of the companies in LA with my resume, certs
i had a job before i left for dive school and i was working within a couple of days of coming back.
what schools are you guys graduating from with jobs in hand
CWDI but i worked for a shipyard and in the trades for years prior. so i actually had a skill set to offer and get a job with
graduated on friday, moved to louisiana over the wkend and was on payroll monday. spent 4 days filling out paperwork, getting the physical and watching videos. went offshore on friday.
Interesting. I'm driving to do my offshore survival myself next week. Following week going to take a road trip with my paperwork to most of the offices. Heard it's alot better to show up in person. Emails,phone calls aren't really working.
i drove from houston to morgan city, la where the cal dive office used to about 2 weeks before i graduated to hire on. they told me it's a done deal and to just show up after graduation.
I was actually working while in school, cleaning hulls and changing zincs. The key to a good Job is to make a good name for yourself. The big companies will make you another number in a second from what i have heard. If you went to an ADCI recognized school your chances are alot better at employment quickly.
yep

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service