Information

Canadian Divers

Are you a Canadian diver or do you work in Canada? Then share your experiences, stories, pictures and videos with other Canadians!

Members: 94
Latest Activity: Jan 11, 2016

Feel free to start any discussions you think might benefit the other divers. As this is a new group I would like to see lots of topics popping up!

Discussion Forum

Work work work

Started by Ryan Kerr May 11, 2011.

Looking for a Diving job in Canada 1 Reply

Started by Romualdo Diaz Ganancial Jr. Last reply by Evan Palmer Feb 6, 2011.

CWB courses in near future !!

Started by Evan Palmer Oct 29, 2010.

Newfoundland diving 3 Replies

Started by Mathieu Vigneau. Last reply by Pierre Le Fevre Sep 27, 2010.

CADC

Started by Bill Gardner Aug 6, 2010.

For the BC guys 3 Replies

Started by Will. Last reply by Will May 4, 2010.

BC guy wondering about east coast 4 Replies

Started by Will. Last reply by Will Apr 8, 2010.

Canadian looking to get to the gulf, Advice? 9 Replies

Started by Steven. Last reply by Will Apr 7, 2010.

Limited Liability ? 3 Replies

Started by Evan Palmer. Last reply by Mike Wood Mar 1, 2010.

Whats a diver really make????? 6 Replies

Started by shane. Last reply by Bill Gardner Feb 2, 2010.

East Coast Dive Companies 5 Replies

Started by Evan Palmer. Last reply by Bojan Cingi Jan 1, 2010.

Where are you diving right now? 4 Replies

Started by Karine. Last reply by Pierre Le Fevre Nov 21, 2009.

question

Started by andrii kramarenko Nov 6, 2009.

hi

Started by Adam Fawzy Oct 1, 2009.

Canadian Divers Forum Rules

Started by Everett Chadney Feb 23, 2009.

Welcome!

Started by Everett Chadney Feb 23, 2009.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Canadian Divers to add comments!

Comment by Bill Gardner on December 8, 2009 at 11:33pm
Karine, similar difficulties constrain ability to accertain numbers, but over 30 yrs working internationally I can only say I've personally worked with maybe 2 dozen Canadians & heard of another dozen or so long term and hard core like me..
Comment by Bill Gardner on December 8, 2009 at 11:28pm
Roger that Mike, especially in CANADA.
Comment by Mike Roberts on December 8, 2009 at 11:15am
Hi Bill

Unfortunately IMCA is the way everything is going offshore in the future so we all have to tow the line like it or not!!!

Might as well give guys a certificate worth something?

Regards

Mike
Comment by Karine on December 8, 2009 at 10:49am
Hello Bill,
I just want to point out that those 90 or 128 commercial divers I mention earlier are helmet divers and are not include in that number scientific, police, harvest and aquaculture divers.

To answer your question about offshore activity with quebecers, as far as I know very few do so, I would say 4% are working whether in Canada or outside the country.

What all about BC commercial diving, offshore, divers number etc??

K
Comment by Bill Gardner on December 6, 2009 at 9:17pm
Thanks Mike, For petes' sake blow your own horn on IMCA standards Rov training!!!
Comment by Mike Roberts on December 6, 2009 at 1:42pm
I was the ROV Supervisor installing the Deep Panuke pipeline earlier this year, there was no diving work at all on the project.
I am concentrating on chasing work here in Nova Scotia as we now own two ROV's as well as a commercial air diving spread, we are getting more involved with special projects with Discovery Channel etc, we carried out a search for a sunken plane here in Nova Scotia and will return next year with divers and a film crew to air it on a new series, Land and Sea are showing the search on January 12th.
We are open to receiving resumes from experienced divers in the Nova Scotia and surrounding areas, for more info visit our website at www.divetechltd.ca
Regards

Mike Roberts
Divetech Ltd
Comment by Bill Gardner on December 6, 2009 at 1:09pm
Thanks Karine, much the same problem in BC what with aquaculture, harvesting and other seasonal work. Are you or any of your confreres working in the offshore oil patch?
Comment by Karine on December 6, 2009 at 11:06am
Hello Bill,
Here in Quebec we do have difficulties to have this information. Through our Fraternity we have 90 membres but we also know that more are diving. The Commission de la Construction du Québec gives every year the number of Commercial divers recording at least an hour working in construction in Quebec. In 2008, 128 commercial divers have done so. Other statistics can be seen to:
http://209.47.3.195/~/media/PDF/Communications/Metiers/Scaphandrier...
Even there, these numbers give an idea but probably not the right picture since some commercial divers won't do construction from year to year passing by inspection, installation and so on.

K
Comment by Evan Palmer on December 6, 2009 at 4:54am
Hey John ,
As I am not entirely sure which province you live in , but out east here the Skills Development through EI sometimes will open an ear and if lucky maybe the "governmental" wallet so to speak , and help you out with skill advancement training.
Not sure if this is what you were getting at ,, but its always something to look into
Comment by Bill Gardner on December 5, 2009 at 11:16pm
Dominion Diving has contracts for Sable Offshore Energy Project and Drillrig Rowan Gorilla Vl support (EnCana)

Members (93)

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service