New Divers or Divers in School

Information

New Divers or Divers in School

This is a group for Divers who have recently graduated, are currently in school or are about to start school or even for experienced diver who just want to share some wisdom.  In this group we all post advice and experiences to help each other out.

Members: 27
Latest Activity: Jan 21, 2017

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of New Divers or Divers in School to add comments!

Comment by Patrick Rebadow on August 9, 2014 at 5:19pm

Eh. I enjoyed PDC and all but I feel like I would have gotten more real world training had I gone to the Underwater Centre. They look like they have their stuff together. But I'm currently going for a welding and fabrication associates degree and certs so hopefully that'll help get some attention for a job.

Comment by Robert J Orth on August 8, 2014 at 7:57pm
Hello, I'm currently looking into starting a career in commercial diving in about 10 months when I get out of the military. Is there any advice or tips or things I should know for the guys going through school now or just graduating?
Comment by Patrick Rebadow on October 12, 2013 at 5:07pm
Not yet. Still looking. Only just got back in the states last week from there, but hoping to find something soon.
Comment by Douw-Steyn on October 12, 2013 at 4:07am

Jacks dive chest in Strand. PDC's Next course starts 2014 . Can't wait that long. Heard it's an excellent school. Have You found work yet? 

Comment by Patrick Rebadow on October 11, 2013 at 6:15am
Hey Douw. Where are you going to school? I just recently finished up Class IV-II and DMT at PDC in South Africa. Best of luck to you either way.
Comment by Douw-Steyn on October 10, 2013 at 7:41am

Hi guys. I'm starting with my IV class course 14 October. 19 years old. Here in south africa we have awesome affordable dive schools.Best of luck to you all. 

Comment by Patrick Rebadow on June 16, 2012 at 7:28pm
Im right there with Jason. Any information on anything would be helpful. How are the schools you went to and what do you wish was done differently either there or what you could have done differently. I'm thinking CDA or NYD for schools so I'd very much like someone's experience who had gone to those schools to let me know how they were. But any info on other schools as well is more than appreciated.
Comment by Jason Munsel on June 15, 2012 at 9:56am

For those of you in school or have graduated, is there anything you would have done different, or would have gone to school somewhere else? i.e. for cheaper tuition, more certs, or even to acquire an associates degree along side your dive training? I'm hungry for info...please...

Comment by Colin Bloor on February 2, 2012 at 1:53am

Anybody know of any companies looking to hire "baby divers" as I've heard that's what we're called in the industry.

Comment by Christian West on October 20, 2011 at 8:21pm

Im hoping more people will get involved with it

Members (26)

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service