im going to Commercial Diving Academy, jacksonvill, florida in feb. anybody have anything to say about this school? i cant seem to find anything online about them.

I want some outside info on this school before I drop 26k on it I’m set up to go through the air\mix course and the dive medic training along with the sport scuba instructor all of my gear for the commercial and the scuba side are in this price as is the books and dorm and food expenses wile attending the 7 month course. Am I getting ripped!! Or is this a great school?

Thanks to all that reply!

Views: 12963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for sure man! you too!

Certified welding certs and diving certification will lead to work.

IMCA is required for international work and is recognized in all countries.

What ever the cost of training is cost, education is expensive any way you look at it.

but in the long run ( the big picture ) its a tax write off on what you earn.

The more education the wider the opportunities. obsorb like a sponge and it will pay off.

thanks Bro! thats what i thought. how long have you been diving?

Hahahaha from where your at in life you cant even imagine how long Mr. Fred Johnson has been diving most likely way before you were born son.

what is your problem ace you sound like an old bitter man

I am older and listening to the immature chatter is just annoying I mean really re read your stuff lots of drama and you havent even started yet.

This site is really designed for people who are qualified and its beginning to sound like a bunch of High school drama mamas. Instead of talking about the things that effect todays working divers that my friend is truely annoying. You will find out soon enough that is if you decide to continue and make it. What may seem like critism or bitterness to you is a call to wake up and pay attention. So save your those smart remarks for your high school pals some of us here are actually are trying to give you some real good hard earned advise I am one of them-ya just got to listen real hard and use your brain thats all. Its sure cheaper than finding yourself out of a job and still oweing for something your not wanting to do anymore because of many many good real or precieved reasons. There are many more kinda like me that will be adding advise to what ever journey you chose to take. Are you listening I sure hope so for you and your familys sake talling Red.

Its not easy to have to listen to others but its sure cheaper in the long run, whats that John Carl Roat likes to say "and it hurts less". good luck.

Sorry man I didn’t mean to bring any drama I just wanted some advice and I didn’t get what I wanted to hear. I’m still going to go for it I’ve been in scuba since I was 14 and I love the water. I may not have a steady career in diving but this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. like I seed earlier I’ve got a trade that I can fall back on (pipe fitting and welding) I’m 6G certified and I’m proficient in stainless and other exotic metals so as far as work goes ill be fine I always have been. I do appreciate what everyone has said it sounds like between all you guys there’s probably 100 years of experience and any advice from a group with that much salt is worth taking. So thanks everyone! I look forward to catching a few jobs with you all in the future. 

thats some good advice! i like your style Fred!@

lol i second that

hahaha! i dont know eather man i just heard also. anyways sorry about that remark i had just  gotten into a fight with the wife and im quiting cigs its been 4 days but seriusly is the reason theres a 90% wash out rate becouse the majority of the green hands right out of school think they are done with school now so they should own the right to get there d*** wet. that they just dont have the patience to wait out the b******* and do all the grunt work with a smile on there face and do it with some pride. or is it that there really just isnt any money in it anymore. becouse i heard that a tender makes about 11 to 13 an hr but when your out you r working 60 to 84 hr a week. with those hr's at that wage evan if you worked 6 months out of the year you could survive.

So do you want to be a slave ?

lol

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service